1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bosses[Spoilers Guaranteed]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wulff, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Wulff

Wulff Bola Gun fun anyone?

What do you make of the subtext? I found it funny. Too bad not all the bosses have subtext.

[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100036&stc=1&d=1257028437[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100037&stc=1&d=1257028472[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100038&stc=1&d=1257028472[/screenshot]

Attached Files:

2. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I laugh every time those Boss screens pop up. The "P.S. You guys aren't friends" one was great. I love how they do that to introduce them.

3. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

I love it. There's one that you see after you beat the game that made an unsuspecting me spit out my drink. Although technically not a boss. :p

4. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

They should have done it more consistently. Why doesn't Mad Mel get an intro splash screen? Or Bone Head? Or that Captain dude from the Crimson Lance? I was all surprised when Krom had one because I'd gone so long without seeing any, and I fought several minor bosses in that period. I thought there weren't going to be any more.

There's a lot of ways the game feels kind of hasty and unfinished to me, and that's one of them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

The subtext to Baron Flynt, is that whatever he's smoking, it's for medicinal purposes, right?

6. Dark Pulse

Correct. It's an "herbal" cigarette, not a herbal cigarete.

7. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Now that makes more sense. A bunch of use on TS were like "huh medicinal?"

8. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

I'm fairly certain that's a bit of the ganja. But, it's for medicinal purposes. His glaucoma is actin' up, okay?

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

It needs to read..

BARON FLYNT
    PREPARE FOR A MASSIVE FRAME RATE DROP

10. Wulff

Dunno, didn't notice much framedrop.

11. Dark Pulse

Me either. I *DID* notice that if you got shot, it ****ing hurts BAD though.

12. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

The above posters probably didn't notice because A: Playing at a low res so it really doesn't matter or B: Your computer is a nuclear reactor. Or C: You can't tell the difference between 20-30 or 30-60 etc. My comp is no slouch and it practically dies in Flynts area.

13. Dark Pulse

2048x1152. Maximum details. Fyrestone slows my PC down more than Flynts' area.

14. Wulff

Only 1680x1050 here, max detail.

15. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

I confirm the massive framerate drop.
    8800 GTS is a little old for this game but considering the rest of the game runs above 40 just fine with my settings, there's no reason for it to go down at 2... Other than bad optimization :/

16. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Baron Flynt's rig also lags on the Xbox 360 version.

17. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

For me the Baron Flynt place wasn't really laggy, there was a small drop in framerate, but seeing as the fight lasted all of a minute or so (somehow Flynt managed to get launched off the rig and died by falling)

18. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

I play at 1680x1050 with all details maxed except shadows on my 8800GT, and get 40-60fps as long as it's not in the process of loading up textures. I noticed no slowdown at Flynt's.

Turning on shadows really kills me though, which is a shame.

19. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

wait, so you can't use shadows at all?

I play with everything maxed @ 1680x1050 and the one thing I noticed that seemed to halt my framerate a little was shadows. but all I had to do was turn them from high to medium and problem solved.

20. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

I haven't tried them on low, I was toggling them between off and high and there was just such a massive fps hit that I stuck with off and haven't given it much thought since. I'll have to try out Low once I get a chance to play again.