Boredom in UEd..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
A real dynamic shadow system is the only real graphical enhancement that I'd want to have in Unreal.
Great video.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Saw it already when I logged into youtube this day. Amazing.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Couldn't this be done with an AttachMover with a non-Static Light actor or with a rotating Light actor going around that area?

I also noticed that the barrels were casting shadows so my guess is that you used a semisolid brush with maybe a mesh on top, or where you able to cast shadows from a mesh somehow? Please enlighten us so that mappers can use these good tricks to make more realistic maps that makes people go... Wow!

Daewon

Oct 29, 2009
Czech Republic
Couldn't this be done with an AttachMover with a non-Static Light actor or with a rotating Light actor going around that area?

I also noticed that the barrels were casting shadows so my guess is that you used a semisolid brush with maybe a mesh on top, or where you able to cast shadows from a mesh somehow? Please enlighten us so that mappers can use these good tricks to make more realistic maps that makes people go... Wow!
yes you can use AttachMover or InterpolatingLight, but only if you choose a bMovable, bNoDelete, light is not so precise and beautiful. such a translucent light shade with one obtained using light, can not throw moving shadows. My solution works with a lot of triggerlights..
yes barrels used semisolid cylinder inside mesh.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Oh yeah, I forgot, lightning and shadows have to be baked by UED when you rebuild lightning otherwise it will go through the brushes. That's a nice approach and a good job.