Boost dodging in XMP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
When you perfect it,

i only ever pull this off by mistake.whenver i actually try to do it,i spaz out.

(btw CiD i played against you today.. me and my friend (broccoli) were having fun stalking this one other guy and making sure he didnt get NRG, and then you came in and made us play serious.. )

lol,yeah,after that stronghold encounter,my artifacts and NRG dissapeared awfully fast....GG dude.

Anathema-

...because we're NOT free
Oct 19, 2003
Hunter said:
so you boost after the dodge, seems pretty simple though i could never pull it off in ut2003 ;)

You don't dodge as well or get as good of a boost in ut2k3 .. I tried it but it was far too clunky to use and the benefit was really .. nothing.

-Thud-

Custom User Title
Jan 6, 2004
Here's what I posted in the ranger trick jumps thread if anyone is having trouble and needs an easy guide.

1. Hold sprint
2. Jump-jet at wall
3. Dodge in opposite direction from wall (while touching the wall)
4. Jump-jet again and let go of sprint
5. Soar like an eagle
6. Profit.

It's really not very difficult but with some key configs it can be a problem. Also remember to break it down and not just press a bunch of random keys at the same time. Just think of it as - (Keep the sprint key pressed) jump, jump, strafe, strafe, jump, jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.