Boolean problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Martyr(REAL)

Aug 1, 2005
When I put a union boolean on 2 polygons, they disappear. I clear the history, but that didn't work. Is there something wrong?

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
I assume you're talking Maya? Known glitch, you got an error on your geometry somewhere. Booleans need to be between two shells... example: When I made my ladder in a map I'm doing (Idia) I couldn't boolean any more objects until I separated the ladder from the object.

ImaCarrot

Professional Level Designer
Aug 30, 2005
www.imacarrot.com
You need to be more clear in your statement and question, it sounds like you are trying to boolean two polygons together and that isn't going to accomplish anything. I assume you mean you are trying to boolean two seperate objects together, they have to be simple objects to work well. Booleans aren't worth the hassle in my opinion, just extrude and cut faces and weld vertices, that's all you really need.

Carrot

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
ImaCarrot said:
You need to be more clear in your statement and question, it sounds like you are trying to boolean two polygons together and that isn't going to accomplish anything. I assume you mean you are trying to boolean two seperate objects together, they have to be simple objects to work well. Booleans aren't worth the hassle in my opinion, just extrude and cut faces and weld vertices, that's all you really need.

Carrot
I second that. After w ahile, box-modeling becomes your frend:)

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
XepptizZ said:
I second that. After w ahile, box-modeling becomes your frend:)
"Poopinmymouth" would so kick your arse for saying that :p Then again that's for character modelling and replacing "box" for "cylinder" (fixing the friend typo while you're at it...) will be acceptable to him. Either way though it still has the same placement in the thread so the box for cylinder switch won't actually matter much.

Geeze that's a long paragraph for saying nothing at all -- I should have wrote for Seinfeld.