1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boiling Point (pc) anyone played it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DEFkon, Jun 4, 2005.

1. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

I've read a couple of reviews and it sounds kinda intresting, but i'm just a little skeptical. Was hoping soneone here had it and could give me a frank review. From what i've read it's a first person mix between morrowind/deus ex/GTA, but that it's buggy, and has steep system requirements, but then they say "oh wait by the time of this review a patch has been released" but then don't go on to say if it improved the game at all.

2. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

I've been playing it off and on over the week, fiddling with settings and trying to squeeze out as much performance as possible. It is indeed a buggy game, and runs like ass on my system (3.06 P4, 9800XT w/ 5.5 Cats, a gig of PC3200), but the chugging problems clear up after a bit of playing.

The Deus Ex/GTA comparison is a good one, add a touch of Far Cry though what with the tropical setting. There's alot of potential in the game, you're not forced to play the mission tree in any order. You don't even have to, you can drive around and explore for hours if you want, it's very open ended.

I installed the patch before I even booted it up, so I can't make a good comparison for ya.

3. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

hmm, i've got about the same rig as you. Kinda disapointed that it runs so sluggishly on todays average system. Too bad too, i've always been attracted to these types of games...

It sounds like a really intresting diversion, but i think i'll hold out for BF2, hopefully it's code is a little tighter so my hardware will go a little farther. ( i have no doubt that i won't be seeing the same quality as in the trailers, but i'll be happy with a "medium" graphics setting.)

4. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

I just did some missions for the Bandits, and had a blast. I see this game growing on me :)

5. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

I got interested into this one after reading this thred...and yesterday managed to try it out (unpatched for obvious reasons). The settings and the potential are great but the poor execution is really shamefull. If it was an early beta you could get for free...I'd understand but how on earth can games in this state be sold....

I do hope they can patch it togeather so it becomes more accessible and playable. And I hope they do something about that driving code...feels really tacky and awfull.

Then again...GTA (the latest) is out on PC and XBox *flip* I hope it finds it way to the local shops soon as well..

//Kee

6. Turin_Turambar

Turin_Turambar Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man

I am waiting the "patch 2" to play this game. Also, the perfomance is better if you have 2 gigs of ram, or at least 1.5 gigs.

7. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

i like what i've seen, but its pretty much unplayable for me, even at lowest settings (athlon64 3500+, 512MB, gf6800). the bottleneck is the ram, from what i've read it's not even worth a try with less then 1024mb