1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[bma] Recruitment Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bad.Mojo, Aug 25, 2001.

1. raindog

raindog Amnesiac

The problem here is assumptions. Accentuated by the fact that these assumptions have been morphed into accusations.

Yes... this thread is becoming unscrupulous, I am losing my scruples as well... yes, we have learned a lot about scruples.

No Cypher, as far as I am concerned they do not. If someone is so stupid as to spell words with anything other than the standard characters called "letters" then you are not a valid member of society and deserve to be treated accordingly. In fact, in my oh so very humble opinion, they should be fed kibble from bowls located on the ground in the basement, right by the sink that leaks. Just like the dogs they are. That however, is a difference in parenting style I suppose.

But then I am a cynical fascist pig. In my opinion, the majority of people are so stupid they can't even put their pants on so that the fly is facing forwards, let alone be left to make desicions for themselves. People in terms of the general masses need to be told what to do by someone of greater intellect, otherwise they will do something very stupid. Like driving while intoxicated - see what freedom of action can cause (can you say... George W. Bush?)!

Anyone who is sticking up for the freedom of speach for idiots is probably just doing so for arguments sake, or hypocrisy - take your pick. In all honesty, would we not be better off if stupid people were gagged? I know I would be happier.

Sadly there are not nearly enough gags in the world to do this, unless we could convince the stupid ones how cool it was to wear one... problem solved!

Because of my opinions, my general reaction when I am dealing with them is to be as quiet and still as possible, and then maybe they will think I am a statue and move along. I don't really care about others, but society has bred enough shame into me that I will pretend to. (Yeah yeah... hypocrisy... but democracy is slowly becoming a synonymous term - yet I won't get into that at the moment.)

Now then, I don't really expect any of you to agree with me, but then I am prepared to be such a bigot that it won't matter. I would have considered joining the BMA, but then I realized that I really don't care all that much as I have become so accustomed to ignoring the stupid.

Now, I will leave with a quote from someone who shares a cynical view almost as intense as my own.

2. owlofdoom

owlofdoom New Member

This forum is GAY! I HATE YOU ALL! YOU CAN EAT MYCOAKAOCS!!! !!11!11 LoLOLOLOLLO!LlolOLOoLooL~!1 jrotlifg pofidsoieijremf03 !!!!!!!!

<hr>
    j/k......
    amnesiac, NO! listen to donnellizer. i agree with him for the most part, save for teh Buts3xX0rz, which i believe should be in moderation, rather than every chance you get.

3. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

I am interested in knowing why this community needs the BMA?

Much of what has been described as the BMA's purpose is already served by the current community members. If members make idiotic posts, they are flamed for it. If noobies post questions to which the answers are obvious, they are told the answers are easily found through the various INF sources (FAQs, the forum, etc.) And those members who continually flame and cause trouble within the community are themselves flamed by the majority of the community in a combined effort to drive them off the forums.

So, with this being the current situation: I ask again why this community requires and organized effort like the BMA?

4. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I concur with you dark.

I'm a born again christian... Does that make me close-minded like Mojo seems to stereotype christians as? I'm not a "jew". I'm a non-denominational christian. I have my own set of ideals along the lines of my bible. I have self government, I don't have to do what anybody but my concience and my god asks of me. I am free to make my choices.

Do I press on you to convert? No, I don't. I speak my mind, express my feelings, and give my opinion. You give yours. I listen to it, and if that's how you feel, fine. I have a welcome confidence in that no matter what life will go on for me. You, however, in my eyes are still waiting for something.

Whatever, feel free to manipulate my post, as I don't post much anymore... especially since I'm at college now.

5. Bad.Mojo

Bad.Mojo Commander in Chief o' the BMA

It's always nice to come back to a thread you let sit for a while and find people slandering you.

<i>I'm a born again christian... Does that make me close-minded like Mojo seems to stereotype christians as?</i>

Yeah, cause you know that cross nailed above my bed, my pendant of Christ that I got in <b>Bethlehem</b>, and my constant defending of Christians on IRC from people like jaunty's and balli's et. al.'s hatred of them, and my frequent posts defending religion sure makes me believe "Christians are close-minded."

You're kinda stupid, aren't you Thrash?

The rest of you are kinda slow too.

I've explained this seven or eight times, but sh<i></i>it, maybe it'll go through this time round.

Idiots have just as much free speech as anybody else. Check the thread FrostH8su posted. In my first reply to him, I publically announce I don't support banning him. Furthermore, you accuse me of trying to "deny n00bs free speech by using our speech to oppress them." This doesn't make much sense as it is...

But you know what, I'll give your arguement credibility for the sake of arguement. If this were so true, why are people like Cypher, Farouk, Cenubulin, and Thrash trying to oppress us by using their free speech to attempt to disband the BMA? You are guilty of the very crimes you <i>presume</i> we're trying to commit. You're attempting to drive the BMA (as an entity, not a group) from these forums with your posts. You do the EXACT THING you claim and suppose we'll do. The difference between us and you is that we make no qualms or attempt to use Orwellian double-speak to hide the fact that our cause might do this. You, however, accuse us of acting fascist, defining fascism as you have, and therefore acting in the exact same way.

Hand o' Darkness, what made me realise that Infiltration as a whole needed the BMA is probably the same thing that made you realise the forums needed a mod team (so Zund said it was your idea.) Explain your reasons for that, and I'm sure you can safely substitute your reasons for mine. If you say your reasons were fascist in an attempt to implicate me, you implicate yourself as such, and thereby validate all the claims I've made about this moderator team (claims you've denied, I might add) thereby proving me right. If you extoll your virtues, you extoll mine. Either way, my BMA is no different from your mod team. Next time, try to use an arguement that can't so easily be turned against you.

The BMA is present first and foremost to promote a sense of some damn humour instead of the somber special-ed class this game has become.

Oh, and Farouk, there's a fourth possibility you conveniently forgot to mention: Since somebody holding their own opinions doesn't offend any of us, they'll stay in the BMA and continue to promote their own agenda, which I have no problem with. The BMA is in no way a clan, a forum vigilante group, or anything of the like. The acronym BMA is nothing more than a raised fist to a black panther, a swastika to a neo-nazi, a handshake among friends, a pilot's wing on a pilot's uniform. In all cases, these are quick and easy identifiers (regardless of the connotations you may associate with some things I listed, so no taking that out of context you naughty bitches.) The BMA is a way of saying "I got a damn sense of humour and fu<i></i>ck you and, hell, fu<i></i>ck me too."

And on the subject of Phatcat's denial, you may read "no rules other than... and a respect for others" as something different than I do, but I think somebody posting pictures in other people's topics and thereby radically changing the subject of the thread just because he wants to either bloat his post count or look like he's contributing pretty fu<i></i>cking disrespectful. I dunno. You might read it differently.

Oh, and Cypher, you say n00bs have the right to post whatever they want? Then why the hell are you so against us posting whatever we want? Just cause I told you off hard and you ended up having your ass handed to you? That's not a very sporting attitude to have, Cyph. Naughty naughty.

I'm surprised none of you have caught the obviously self-depreciating humour of the BMA. The term army in a realistic soldier mod is a mockery of all those who form clans around supposed "tough" names, trying to infer they're hardcore over a bunch of ones and zeroes flying over a phone line. Naming the group after me is just plain hilarious, because I'm just about the worst role model in the world. Not because of my ideals, but because I'm a cursing, chain-smoking, beer-swilling bastard. My ideals are pure, but my soul is dirty. What can I say. And to all you Christians, Marxists, et. al. out there who would dare call those in the BMA a bunch of followers: I'll thank you to know your ideals are also named after men. You're either calling yourself a follower or admitting that you calling the BMA a bunch of tag-alongs is a faulty arguement. Save me the trouble and don't bother wasting my time with that hypocrisy as you've already wasted my time with all the hypocrisy I've exposed above.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2001
  6. RavenStarSinger

RavenStarSinger I can make you die laughing or just shoot you

Right on!

The problem I am seeing here is that those who don't like the idea of a BMA are worried that they will be "targets" of it. I suppose this means, deep down in side, that they worry about their on hidden idiocy. No big surprise, since we're all capable of being idiots at one time or another. What makes this kinda silly is that we are NOT trying to "get rid" of anyone that can make ANY kind of worthwhile contribution. Really, the idea is to get those unproductive, 733t-spewing bastards to MAKE those worthwhile contributions, and stop wasting out time and server space with what posts that are here simply to jab at us. I really don't need to remind people about the Alpha5 incidents, or Frosth8sU, we should all remember them. Mostly, we're kinda here to point out just what this forum IS. It's not a stomping ground for little kiddos that want to use all that foul language they heard in the South Park movie. Sure, we swear, but 99.9% don't do it for the sake of being crude.

I'd also like to point out that I don't consider myself a "follower", as this is something I have personally believed for a little while now. I see myself as taking notice of a group who have the same ideals as I do, the same feeling that there are just some people that need to be "shown the way", for the sake of everyone's sanity. If you don't see it that way, that's fine. Then DON'T JOIN THE BMA! But that also doesn't mean that you should come in here calling us fascists or hypocrites, especially when those of you doing the name-calling yourselves are hyprocrites for attempting to deny us our right to say what we will. We don't want to censor anyone. If those individuals are still too stupid to see what we're about, then eventually they'll see this place is not for them and move on to where their 733tn3ss is remotely cared about. Point of the matter is, if no one speaks up, they'll keep posting drivel, and we'll be subjected to reading it. 'Nuff said.

7. Cpt.Cypher

Cpt.Cypher I Go By Cypher Now

My ass handed to me.......yah you insulted my dead grandfather, good one.

But since making that comment tells me enough about you, I don't worry much about your comments directed at me.

So my question is, what will the BMA possibly do that is not being done already. Right now when people, or n00bs, make a stupid post or spit out an over-asked question then people either give them a bad-time for it or tell them to search the forums to find there answer. This does not happen all the time, but roughly 90% of the time it does. So does BMA have to fill up this 10%?

8. DLL

DLL Chrysolyte

Thrash - I've seen Bad Mojo defending Christianity.

Mojo, the only problem I have with the BMA is when you said something like "If you don't join then you can't be for us." By joining the BMA you are showing support for it's actions. Since the actions of the BMA will be executed by it's members, by joining you are affiliating yourself with the actions of it's members.

I don't really want to join because I don't support some of the actions that others (including you) take. But that doesn't mean I won't support you if I feel you are doing the right thing.

9. MJACK

MJACK New Member

Mojo, you gonna respond to my earlier post? The only problem I have with this BMA is that it seems like unnecessary self-indulgent bullsh<i></i>it to me. I get the distinct feeling that you're starting this army not out of trying to make the forum a better place, but because you want the satisfaction of people following you. Don't get me wrong BM, you have some good things to say, but sometimes your hypocrisy, arrogance, and insistence on always being right bother me.

10. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

one question.

is BMA for you, and few close friends, mojo? or is it for the community.

and what are you going to do with your BMA group?
    prance around wearing your little logos?

ever read "the WAVE" becasue thats what I'm reminded of every time I read this thread :p

also I think the BMA just make things to political for something as simple as a small community of about... I think it was a few hundred, like 400+

11. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

Alright, do we have to clarify this EVEN MORE for you?? Just because I am in the BMA doesn't mean I believe EVERYTHING that Mojo does.. Look why do you think people take alliances in real life? Because they share some common interests... Say Canada allied with America, does that mean America is Canada's follower or vice versa? Does that mean America believes EVERYTHING Canada does? NO!

DLL, I am in the BMA... BadMojo thinks god is real... Does that mean if he says "God is real." that I said it? No.

12. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

No...I don't like the idea of the BMA because I don't believe that Mojo will reserve his venom just for people like Aussie Joe, Faulker, "CS n00bs" and other miscreants.

I believe that eventually he will unleash his hatred on people he just doesn't like or doesn't agree with (people like Phatcat for instance). And assemble his "army" to do his bidding, regardless of what it does to the community.

Mojo likes to paint a picture of the moderators as a bunch of power hungry fascists who can't wait to crush people under our jackboots. But unlike Mojo and the BMA, us moderators are accountable to the Infiltration Development Team and as such our actions must be in the best interests of the INF team and Warren or we are no longer moderators. If we replace the moderators with Mojo and the BMA and their actions cease to be in the best interest of the INF team, then Warren is put in the uncomfortable position of having to ban people (or just shut down the forums) either way he's not working on INF he's babysitting, which makes him angry and makes him less enthusiastic about the project and less interested in busting his ass to make Infiltration in the first place.

This is why moderators are better then mob rule (which is ultimately what I believe the BMA will become).

13. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

That was 3 questions. You genius, you.

Well, considering that people who AREN'T Mojo's friends have joined the BMA, maybe that's an indicator of things, eh?

We are going to fight against idiocy. Only people who can't be reformed will be run off. Of course, we have clarified this about 65860384603986048709587309324 times! Do you people even READ these posts?

Farouk already said that about 10 times. We don't need to hear it again.

Oh, and this community wasn't political already? I was pretty sure that Rogue and everyone else fighting over political issues equated to the community being political... I dunno, maybe I'm just CRAZY!

14. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I have never seen Mojo support christianity, I've always seen him compare everybody to Jews and Christians (I don't log IRC, once again, but that's where I saw it) in a manner such as that to be demeaning to both the compared and the subject matter used with comparison.

As for me trying to "Opress" BMA, what have I done against it? I've stated my opinion, nothing more. Perhaps Mojo just wishes to build some conflict, divide up sides, and create another elitist group? Maybe not. All I can say is that I have my opinions, and Mojo acted as if I was "opressing" BMA by stating them. I hardly see any opression, so I'll just move on.

As for the statement about me thinking mojo figured christians to be close-minded: That is the general idea from everybody I have talked to in IRC. Christians are close-minded. I then tell them that I'm a christian.

I just skimmed over the other posts, so if I missed something, excuse me. I've got better things to do rather than argue with Mojo.

Note, sorry for spelling, I'm tired and my allergies are getting the best of me, and I can't think because my other guitar bud is jamming out some sweet funk and I can't pay attention :)

15. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

yeah ok, :rolleyes: sure 3 question.

whatever :p

16. Farouk

Farouk Adept

I mentioned it twice and the only feedback was how I dare to suggest a book although my English isn't up to par with your master's.

And I'll use words like master and followers as long as nobody from the BMA criticizes even the most stu...ehh strange things from Bad.Mojo's mouth as the one above about my book suggestion, which together with his further comments was really an own goal for someone who preaches freedom of speech.

17. Bad.Mojo

<i>I have never seen Mojo support christianity, I've always seen him compare everybody to Jews and Christians (I don't log IRC, once again, but that's where I saw it) in a manner such as that to be demeaning to both the compared and the subject matter used with comparison. </i>

Right. No log, just insinuation. Slander, slander, slander. Or in this case, libel. Why? Cause its the American dream to sue everybody. You cleverly didn't bother to state, say, that I compare things in good ways, maybe. You know, like comparing a beautiful summer's day to Heaven (which we all know is immediately a bad thing, just because its a comparison.)

<i>As for me trying to "Opress" BMA, what have I done against it? I've stated my opinion, nothing more. Perhaps Mojo just wishes to build some conflict, divide up sides, and create another elitist group? Maybe not. All I can say is that I have my opinions, and Mojo acted as if I was "opressing" BMA by stating them. I hardly see any opression, so I'll just move on.</i>

Funny, but when we say our opinions about n00bs and moderators, we're oppressing people (or so some people claim. Notice I didn't single you out but included you in a rather broad group of anti-BMA people.) But when somebody expresses their opinions of the BMA, well that's okay then.

<i>As for the statement about me thinking mojo figured christians to be close-minded: That is the general idea from everybody I have talked to in IRC. Christians are close-minded. I then tell them that I'm a christian.</i>

Its funny, you know. First you attack me for stereotyping you. Now you stereotype me for using IRC. Hypocrite alert, hypocrite alert! You even admit to it by stated "<b>GENERAL IDEA</b> from <b>EVERYBODY</b> I have talked to <b>IN IRC</b>."

18. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

I will start to disagree with BM after he says something I don't agree with, which is often. I will start doing what you ask me to once I understand what you are saying.

Thank you for your worthless time, goodbye.

19. Bad.Mojo

NRA, I didn't read your earlier post, and I honestly don't feel like reading all over the brain-dead hypocrisy most people have posted in here just to find it, so I'll just pretend like your post was like this one and respond to that.

<i>Mojo, you gonna respond to my earlier post? The only problem I have with this BMA is that it seems like unnecessary self-indulgent bull**** to me. I get the distinct feeling that you're starting this army not out of trying to make the forum a better place, but because you want the satisfaction of people following you. Don't get me wrong BM, you have some good things to say, but sometimes your hypocrisy, arrogance, and insistence on always being right bother me.</i>

I feel I've already answered this in my post. Now, unlike me, you can't use the excuse of not having read it since you know (by addressing me by name in page four where I had yet to reply) that I made this post, one that answered your question before it was even asked:

<b>I'm surprised none of you have caught the obviously self-depreciating humour of the BMA. The term army in a realistic soldier mod is a mockery of all those who form clans around supposed "tough" names, trying to infer they're hardcore over a bunch of ones and zeroes flying over a phone line. Naming the group after me is just plain hilarious, because I'm just about the worst role model in the world. Not because of my ideals, but because I'm a cursing, chain-smoking, beer-swilling bastard. My ideals are pure, but my soul is dirty. What can I say. And to all you Christians, Marxists, et. al. out there who would dare call those in the BMA a bunch of followers: I'll thank you to know your ideals are also named after men. You're either calling yourself a follower or admitting that you calling the BMA a bunch of tag-alongs is a faulty arguement. </b>

For some odd reason, I figured this was really plain and obvious, but unfortunately not. I imagine this is because you don't speak english, so I'll run this through babelfish a few times for you.

In french!
    <b>Je suis étonné qu'aucun de vous n'a attrapé l'humeur individu-self-depreciating évidemment du BMA. L'armée de limite dans un modèle réaliste de soldat est un mockery de tout ceux qui forment des clans autour des noms " durs " supposés, essayant de les impliquer sont hardcore au-dessus d'un groupe de ceux et zéros volant au-dessus d'une ligne téléphonique. Nommer le groupe après que je soit juste hilare ordinaire, parce que je suis juste au sujet du plus mauvais modèle de rôle dans le monde. Pas en raison de mes idéaux, mais parce que je suis maudire, de chaîne-chain-smoking, bâtard de bière-swilling. Mes idéaux sont purs, mais mon âme est modifiée. Ce qui peut je dites. Et à tous vous chrétiens, marxistes, et Al hors de là qui oserait l'appel ceux dans le BMA par groupe de palpeurs: Je vous remercierai de savoir que vos idéaux sont également baptisés du nom des hommes. Vous vous appelez un palpeur ou admettez que vous appelle le BMA par groupe d'étiquette-alongs est un arguement défectueux. </b>

In german!
    <b>Ich bin überrascht, daß keine von Ihnen die offensichtlich Selbst-self-depreciating Stimmung des BMA abgefangen haben. Die Bezeichnung Armee in einem realistischen Soldat-cMod ist ein mockery von allem die, die clans um angenommene " haltbare " Namen bilden und versucht, sie zu schließen, sind hardcore über einem Bündel von einen und die null, die über eine Fernsprechleitung fliegen. Benennen der Gruppe, nachdem ich gerade normales hilarious bin, weil ich über das falschste Rolle Modell in der Welt gerade bin. Nicht wegen meiner Ideale, aber, weil ich ein Verfluchen bin, Kette-chain-smoking, Bier-swillingbastard. Meine Ideale sind rein, aber meine Seele ist schmutzig. Was ich kann, sagen Sie. Und zu allen Sie Christen, Marxisten und Al aus dort, wer Aufruf die im BMA ein Bündel Nachfolger wagen würde: Ich danke Ihnen zu wissen, daß Ihre Ideale auch nach Männern benannt werden. Sie entweder rufen sich einen Nachfolger an oder lassen zu, daß Sie das BMA ein Bündel der Marke-alongs nennend ein fehlerhaftes arguement sind. </b>

In italian!
    <b>Sono sorprendo che nessun di voi hanno interferito l' umore ovviamente auto-self-depreciating del BMA. L' esercito di termine in un MOD realistico del soldato è un mockery del tutto coloro che forma i clans intorno ai nomi " duri " presunti, provante ad arguirli è hardcore sopra un mazzo di un e zeri che volano sopra una linea telefonica. Chiamare il gruppo dopo che me sia appena hilarious normale, perché sono giusto circa il modello di ruolo più difettoso nel mondo. Non a causa dei miei ideali, ma perché sono cursing, del catena-chain-smoking, bastardo della birra-swilling. I miei ideali sono puri, ma la mia anima è sporca. Che cosa può io dire. Ed a tutti voi cristiani, marxisti et. Al verso l'esterno là chi oserebbe la chiamata quelli nel BMA un il mazzo di seguicamme: Li ringrazierò sapere che i vostri ideali egualmente sono chiamati dopo gli uomini. Iete chiamandosi un seguicamma o state ammettendo che che chiamate il BMA un il mazzo di modifica-alongs siete un arguement difettoso. </b>

In portuguese!
    <b>Eu sou surpreendido que nenhuns de você travaram o humour obviamente self-self-depreciating do BMA. O exército do termo em uma modificação realística do soldado é um mockery do todo o aqueles que dão forma a clans em torno dos nomes " resistentes " supostos, tentando infer os é hardcore sobre um grupo de uns e zero que voam sobre uma linha de telefone. Nomeando o grupo depois que eu é apenas hilarious liso, porque eu sou justo sobre o modelo o mais mau do papel no mundo. Não por causa de meus ideals, mas porque eu sou cursing, de corrente-chain-smoking, bastardo da cerveja-swilling. Meus ideals são puros, mas minha alma está suja. O que pode mim diga. E a tudo você cristãos, marxists, et. al. para fora de lá quem ousaria o atendimento aqueles no BMA um o grupo dos seguidores: Eu agradecê-lo-ei saber que seus ideals estão nomeados também após homens. Você está chamando-se um seguidor ou está admitindo-se que você que chama o BMA um o grupo do Tag-alongs é um arguement defeituoso. </b>

In spanish!
    <b>Estoy sorprendido que ninguno de usted ha cogido el humor obviamente uno mismo-self-depreciating del BMA. El ejército del término en una Mod realista del soldado es un mockery de todo el los que formen clans alrededor de nombres " resistentes " supuestos, intentando deducirlos es hardcore concluído un manojo de unos y ceros que vuelan concluído una línea telefónica. Nombramiento del grupo después de que sea apenas hilarante llano, porque soy justo sobre el modelo peor del papel del mundo. No debido a mis ideales, pero porque soy el maldecir, encadenamiento-chain-smoking, bastardo de la cerveza-swilling. Mis ideales son puros, pero mi alma es sucia. Qué puede yo diga. Y a todos usted cristianos, marxistas, et. al. fuera de allí quién se atrevería llamada ésos en el BMA al manojo de seguidores: Le agradeceré saber que sus ideales también están nombrados después de hombres. Usted se está llamando un seguidor o está admitiendo que usted que llama el BMA al manojo de la etiqueta-alongs es un arguement defectuoso.</b>

There we go. Now its in all sorts of languages, so no excuses that you don't understand what I said.

20. -agunzagun-

-agunzagun- Guest

Good ****ing god... I had no Idea this forum was packed with THIS many losers...

Man. This "Bad Mojo Army" bit is thee stupidest thing I've ever seen on this board.

I certainly hope you know what you "forum vets" are getting yourselves into: NOTHING. Yep, absoleutely nothing... Congratulations! :rolleyes:

Seriously; some of you peeps need to experince life *instead of being apart of mindless bull**** like this*... before it passes you by. :rolleyes: