BMA, Mojo its time to take action

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
That may be a good idea, but I nor any of the BMA (I hope) condones a ban.

Certainly, an administrator (unfortunately) reserves the right to ban somebody, but the purpose of TK'ing somebody is the same as rape: Power. So jail does nothing to take the power from a rapist, but only fills him with more anger and hatred, so does a ban. What stops rapists? Women with guns, that's what fu<i></i>cking stops them.

Taking the power from a TK'er by turning him into the TK'ed utterly destroys them, a ban just makes them somebody else's problem (especially if they don't subscribe to any such blacklist.) Ultimately, they will be crushed, their little feelings hurt, etc., etc. I've seen plenty of people I've TK'ed for being TK'ers come back a day or week later, apologising. They played seriously after that. Sure, they made excuses, but they were ready to give it a serious try, and I'm not one to hold grudges.

That's how the BMA operates.

Redemption...

Through fire.

RavenStarSinger

I can make you die laughing or just shoot you
May 30, 2001
On the grassy knoll . . .
Visit site
Au Contraire (my Fr spelling sucks ass, don't laugh . . .)

I don't give a flying monkey's ass if their intention is to disrupt the game. I say it's more fun to play "hunt the TK" than to try playing normally or trying to wait for an admin to intercede whilst I end up dead at the beginning of every round. Hells no! Mojo is right, FLAME THE ****ER THE INF WAY! WITH BULLETS, NADES, AND BLADES! Kill them immediately, EVERY time, and tell them that they are not welcome. Period. Get off the server, or their just wasting their time, because the game will continue as normal as soon as they are dead. And let's face it, it will. As soon as you have splattered that TK'er, you'll go off and do your merry thing. You have squashed the mongrel, now off to hunt the foxes.

Moreover, this idea of banning people is just plain offensive. I know for a fact that there ARE people out there that get either bored, or pissed, and go off on a rampage. This could be a normal person who doesn't ordinarily do that. They make one little rampage, and get banned, well now you have gotten rid of someone that could later have been a fun adversary, or even a fun teammate. Moreover, it COULD be someone's little brother being a cock-smack . . . wouldn't YOU be pissed if you tried to log onto a game server only to find that you were banned? In other words, take action that only affects the game at hand, and not someone's capability to play at a later date.

MOJO: Still no reply to my email :(

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
A new game type: TK the TK'er!

And I still want to know how to make recordings. I need to film some... nature footage... of skaarjs and Nali's in their natural habitat. :)

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Demorec then the filename (whatever u wanna call it)

Type that in console. When u are done type stopdemo in console. To play demo type demoplay (filename) and there u go.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Re: Au Contraire (my Fr spelling sucks ass, don't laugh . . .)

Originally posted by RavenStarSinger
Moreover, this idea of banning people is just plain offensive. I know for a fact that there ARE people out there that get either bored, or pissed, and go off on a rampage. This could be a normal person who doesn't ordinarily do that. They make one little rampage, and get banned, well now you have gotten rid of someone that could later have been a fun adversary, or even a fun teammate. Moreover, it COULD be someone's little brother being a cock-smack . . . wouldn't YOU be pissed if you tried to log onto a game server only to find that you were banned

First point is the lamest thing ive ever read. Second point is very valid and true. Man that would suck, thank god i dont have a little brother :D

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
ROFLMAO:D

I can just see it now Mojo. One idiot starts team killing, and persists in doing so. The other members of the said team gang up on him. You are in a public server, were one in five times people tkill by accident because they thought you were on the other team and can't tell grey from black or green or neon yellow flashing to pink. Now not only are they looking for someone of the same camo, but they are actively trying to kill someone wearing the same camo. Suddenly, we have a team with 1 teamkiller, and 8 or 9 people who just want to play INF... all trying to kill eachother because:

a) The camos may be very similar
b) They are the team killer
c) They were trying to kill the team killer

Now the game has become a flat out gongshow where one team is trying to eliminate themselves, meanwhile team B is just trying to get close to team A so they can get some of the action. And all the while the original team killer is having the time of his life.

:D

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
As I've yet to, you know, have a functional enough computer to play Inf 2.86, I'd assume there's a player ID function (not knowing your fellow soldiers name's IS highly unrealistic, after all) so it wouldn't be hard to look at everybody and come up with a name for them to identify them. Sure, some TK's are accidental or whatever, but when a rampant dick is trying to TK his teammates it makes it pretty obvious who it is, and everybody turns gun blazing on him, he'll be put out of his misery pretty quick, so I don't see what the big deal is. The round will continue pretty normal after words.

Oh, and sorry if there's been no reply to the mail, Raven. You're in and everything. I'm just lazy and have a metric fuc<i></i>kton of mail. Yeah. So yeah, welcome to the BMA.