Blurry OpenGL textures and models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
I'm running Infiltration at 1024x768x32 on OpenGL on a GeForce3 Ti200 64MB w/ the 44.03 WHQL Certified drivers and I noticed that the textures are blurry. The gun and player models look low detail even though I have it set on high. I think this may be because I downloaded TTR and they had an OpenGL driver which replaced my old one. But the TTR OGL driver is fairly new so I don't think that's the source of the problem. I have the minimum FPS set to 20. I usually get around 30-40fps in the game though. Here's the config file:

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=True
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=True
UsePalette=True
UseAlphaPalette=False
ShareLists=False
AlwaysMipmap=True
DoPrecache=0
UseTrilinear=True
RefreshRate=85
LODBias=0.000000
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=True
MaskedTextureHack=False
SwapInterval=-1
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=False
AAFilterHint=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE=2
BufferClippedActorTris=False
SinglePassDetail=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=False
UseDetailAlpha=True
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
UseFilterSGIS=False
MaxAnisotropy=1
UseTNT=False
Use4444Textures=False
AutoGenerateMipmaps=False
UsePrecache=False
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=False
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
OneXBlending=False
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffset=0.000000
DescFlags=0
Description=

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
I was using the 2.3 drivers when the problem showed, but thanks for the help. Also, where do I select the DXT1, DXT3 option? And where do I set the OneXBlending?

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
If you already tried the values that can be found inside the thread Rostam suggested up there and always have blurry textures problem , you can always try to use the last official Epic dll instead of the one that come with TTR.

Even if Chris Donhal OpenGL has more features and correct several Epic OGL bugs, if it is not a driver problem (the newer doesnt always mean the better) you can try that.

But, there is the possibility that what you call blurry textures you see on the guns on high settings can be normal , if the dev team of TTR made them like that .
I dont know much as i didnt play this mod.

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
are both the world textures and skin textures set on high?
some models use the world textures setting. and might look blurry if it's not set to high

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
I got the driver that Rostam suggested. The skins and weapons in the other mods look normal, it's just INF that gives me blurry textures. And everything is set to high including world textures. I'm also using Trilinear Filtering.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Oh, it is in INF that you find the guns textures blurry, i thought you talked of the TTR mod.

Some gun textures on INF are not high quality (comparison to TO:AOT gun textures by example) the famas by example.
That on 2.86 of course, as i saw on screenshot really improved textures for the Famas and P90 for 2.9

But to be sure that it is not your settings or something about your system , could you attach some captures of what you call blurry textures of INF gun

And last thing, try to switch to D3D , and give a look at the weapon to check if the textures are the same (it should be the same normally).
There is the possibility of what you find blurry textures for the guns are in fact 2.86 gun textures

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
Here are some pics. Ingame, the guns look brighter.

Attachments

• INF_DEAGLE IS.jpg
    INF_DEAGLE IS.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 13
  • INF_DEAGLE.jpg
    INF_DEAGLE.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10
  • INF_MP5 IS.jpg
    INF_MP5 IS.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
  • INF_MP5.jpg
    INF_MP5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
  • INF_NADE.jpg
    INF_NADE.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 7

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
As said before, the models are actually alot brighter than what they seem, being greyish compared to the black shown in the pics. I'm just asking if the actual textures are normal and not blurred as they appear to be. My ingame brightness is at 7/10, but the screens always show 5/10.

Attachments

• INF_Player_Desert.jpg
    INF_Player_Desert.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
  • INF_SIG551.jpg
    INF_SIG551.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 13
  • INF_5-7.jpg
    INF_5-7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
i took a look at your pictures

The actual INF 2.86 gun textures looked like that , the SIG SGG 551 textures is blurry like that , the gloves of the soldiers are blurry like that ... no i dont think you have a problem , you can check every screenshots of INF 2.86 you can find, all the guns look the same as yours.

The 2.86 gun textures didnt have the quality of some other gun textures you can find in some of the most recent mods .
Perhaps , after the time that was put into 2.9 , there will be improved gun textures, but i am afraid that it is all INF 2.86 had in term of gun texture quality.

For me , it is not grey-ish , because i have a lower brightness setting , but for your setting it is normal, no problem on your side.

As an example of high quality textures, just compare with the TO:AOT MP5 textures As i dont want to install again this mod , i found the pic on google (but it look like that for me too)
(dont be bothered by the artefacts with the black square that appear on the gun, the guy that took the screenshot was obviously not using a good render or is in 16bits and compressed the picture, the texture is very clean for me and the INF MP5 cant compare)

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I play with 5/10 , some people can find it a bit dark but for my taste it looks good.