1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bloodpit needs more maps!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Blaaguuu, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Blaaguuu

Blaaguuu taunt pthrust

Some of you may have tried Bloodpit for UT2003. It is a little mod I made that had a small, but great community... after a long time with no updates, i started getting emails asking about it, and found that there were a lot more players than I realised... so recently ive recreated it for UT2004, and fixed it up a lot.

In the UT2003 version I mostly just got my clanmates and friends (many of whom ive lost contact with) to create some quicky maps, some of which turned out to be extraordinarily fun, but generally not look to pretty... Now im looking to get some more mappers to help finish up the mod.

For those who dont know about it, heres a quick description of the mod:
    Its a team deathmatch style game, with 2 teams fighting to kill all of the members of the other team. However you hav a single weapon - a modified shield gun that boosts enemies really far. The battles generally take place on platforms over deadly pits, so the primary way to kill an enemy is by boosting them into the pit. There are several other ways to kill, that are a little more tricky.

While experience is always good, and I would like the maps to be as pretty as possible, neither is completely necissary... so dont be afraid if you are a relatively inexperienced mapper. And the maps have generaly been pretty small with simple geometry, so dont think you will have to commit to a months of hard work to make a nice Bloodpit map, it would likely be a pretty small project, unless you want to spend more time making it larger and more detailed.

Heres a little page I just whipped up to showcase some screenshots of some of the current maps, as well as the HUD changes:
    http://bloodpit.ultiguuu.com/maps.html

If you are interested, and want to try out the mod before commiting, or if you arent interested in mappign for it but jstu wanan try it out,you can grab the newest beta files here:
    http://bloodpit.ultiguuu.com/beta.html

A full website for Bloodpit is coming soon.

If you want to talk to me more directly, you can join #bloodpit on irc.quakenet.org or email at blaaguuu@comcast.net... ill keep checking this thread for replies too.

2. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

Just how high/far can the shield guns boost?

3. HarvesterUT

HarvesterUT beat me with a stick

good luck with the mod Blaag! BP was a blast to play back in the day!

4. Blaaguuu

Blaaguuu taunt pthrust

if you wanna get a feel for it, you can try the beta and test it against some bots... but i would say that depending on the situation, you can hit people anywhere from 5 feet to a couple hundred feet... a regular hit, with both players standing still would be around 30 feet...

5. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

I see what you mean, two times I have just suddenly jolted to a corner of the map without any warning :hmm: (these were in BP-StoneRise and BP-Marrow)

For some reason, BP-SkyRise doesn't let me go into the next round, it either spectates one of my teammates or I'm just left spectating normally.

Nice how you can't boost teammates, though :)

6. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.... :p

7. Blaaguuu

Blaaguuu taunt pthrust

currently you can only slightly boost teamates, if friendly fire is on.. but im workign on a way to be able to do team boosts, but it a way that someone wont be able to just run around TKing... and im pretty sure ive figure out what the deal is witht he occasional super boost, where you are suddenly lauched across the map.