1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blizzard fail.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by T2A`, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Don't forget that a currency is a state's way of getting a share of bartering. You can't have 1% of a cow without killing it, but you can have 1% of each transaction.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I hope you are willing to share your secret, because lots of companies like Blizzard would like to know how they can provide a service without having their customers pay anything.

Unless Blizzard has used the WoW-subscription fees to provide money and resources for Battle.Net there's no way that service could have been alive at this time.

It's funny though ... you don't want to pay for the service provided and you dislike having to pay for expansionpacks as well.

3. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

What evidence do you have to support this claim? Battle.Net has been free since Diablo 1, and they somehow managed to support it without money from WoW subscription fees for something like a decade. I'm sure they've figured out how to make Battle.Net profitable without charging their customers for the service.

4. DarQraven

DarQraven New Member

I'm not sure, I haven't previously used the service.
    Are the matches hosted on their servers, or is it just a way of matchmaking/chat/server browser, as in an index server?

If the first case is true then yes, it's a miracle the service is still running after all these years for free.

If it's the latter then I can imagine an individual running the service on a spare computer. That's not something that costs more money than the running costs of one medium-sized server, that can probably be used for other things as well...
    If that's the case I refuse to pay for it, just like xbox/Windows live.

5. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

3 full length single player games for starcraft 2 and multiplayer diablo 3 with a premium service

blizzard just knows how to print money and everyone is gonna still buy this stuff