Blast Arena 4...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Guardian945

A mod freak with NO coding talent
Jun 23, 2002
Who knows?
Visit site
Could you make a version that doesn't include maps so then I could download the maps I want. (I'm a 56ker so it's kinda hard to download a 2 meger.) Also I have an idea for new Blast Arena weapons:
High Speed Homing Missles
Imagine Mr. Evil's Pepperpot that auto-seeks and fires faster. Both primary and secondary. You would have to tone the damage down, but it would be quite the annoyance.
Blast Arena Minigun
A minigun that fires grenades at high speeds for primary and and 3 rockets in a tight formation for secondary. Adjust damage as needed.
Flak Cannon Mark 5
The primary would be the same, but when the flak hits something it explodes like a rocket. Secondary is a shot flak packed close together for one big explosion. Adjust damage and speed as needed.

All right, I'm done!

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Guardian945 said:
Could you make a version that doesn't include maps so then I could download the maps I want. (I'm a 56ker so it's kinda hard to download a 2 meger.) Also I have an idea for new Blast Arena weapons:
High Speed Homing Missles
Imagine Mr. Evil's Pepperpot that auto-seeks and fires faster. Both primary and secondary. You would have to tone the damage down, but it would be quite the annoyance.
Blast Arena Minigun
A minigun that fires grenades at high speeds for primary and and 3 rockets in a tight formation for secondary. Adjust damage as needed.
Flak Cannon Mark 5
The primary would be the same, but when the flak hits something it explodes like a rocket. Secondary is a shot flak packed close together for one big explosion. Adjust damage and speed as needed.

All right, I'm done!

Hmm.. well, firstly, I dunno about the extra weapons. Thanks for the ideas, but.. I dunno. I just want to keep it simple for now.
And how do you mean just the mod itself? It would involve re-uploading each of the maps, and I'm on 56k too. :B
Is 2MB really that bad? It takes about 8 minutes to download from BU if you choose a decent mirror. I don't want to sound bad or anything, but compare that to having to re-upload 2MB-worth of maps to a server "across the pond". (That's what I have to do, and wait till you see the Uber Secret Mod we've been working on, that's totalling 10MB! And I have to upload it all on my 56k :( )

Where were you intending on downloading the maps separately from?

Guardian945

Jun 23, 2002
Who knows?
Visit site
Umm...

Accually I'm a 28.8ker. The phone line from our house to Quest is really bad. So when I say a 2 meger I mean that it takes 20-30 min download. Oh and sorry. I didn't know that you were a 56ker (a real one:)) I guess it would make sense to reupload the files. Anyway about the "Suer Uber Secret project". If its a 10 meg file you should go to Fordy's Place (can't find link right now) and download the free file splitter. It's great. It even comes with a joiner too. All you need to do is delete the .00* and your set. Thanks for the feedback!

{Edit:Link. (Click "Utilities")}

Last edited:

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
hmm.... lets see what i can cough up for BA weapons....

aha!

Blast Arena Redeemer Clone™

Primary fire : Fires 3 nuclular granades at a VERY long range. Ajust damage of explosion as much as wanted.

Secndary fire : Hammerage Cannon type firemode. Fires a redeemer missile that explodes into 5 nukular granades. Ajust redeemer/granade explosion as much as need.

anyway... onto the maps. that CS iceworld clone...maybe would be suitable. or maybe that the_garden map. i bet your thinking not so much the_garden. hmmm.... aphrodite?

Guardian945

Jun 23, 2002
Who knows?
Visit site
1st of all good idea 8mm! Maybe with all these weapon ideas Parser and the team could make a full blown mod to enter in the MSUC! *Hint, hint*
Parser: I don't know if you would know the answer to this, but I'll try anyway. I'm running Win XP Pro and everytime I download something and I canel it and then get off the internet, if I get back on and download it again it starts where it left off! Now this doesn't work all the time, but if you could tell me why it does this that would be great! And if you know could you tell me if it's stored in cache or something.
THX!!

{Edit 1: Do you know of any other good dl managers other than FlashGet?}

Last edited:

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
Guardian945 said:
1st of all good idea 8mm! Maybe with all these weapon ideas Parser and the team could make a full blown mod to enter in the MSUC! *Hint, hint*
Parser: I don't know if you would know the answer to this, but I'll try anyway. I'm running Win XP Pro and everytime I download something and I canel it and then get off the internet, if I get back on and download it again it starts where it left off! Now this doesn't work all the time, but if you could tell me why it does this that would be great! And if you know could you tell me if it's stored in cache or something.
THX!!

{Edit 1: Do you know of any other good dl managers other than FlashGet?}

try GetRight, thats quite good, you can "segment" a download to get parts of the files from multiple mirrors.