Blackhawk down as a community project.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you like to see a BHD community project?

• Yes, but I dont have the time/ability to help

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Yes, and I would consider contributing if asked

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, Im Not interested In BHD

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No, its a bad idea. wont work.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Keganator

About the new idea thats been brewing, man I'm really excited about this and have come up with some idea/suggestions.

I have no clue about programming, except the ol VCR, but man if you could do this, or maybe a community project.... kickass!

Right, here are some functions/properties I think should be included:

* Variable respawn radius around a set point OR around the centre of the team (i.e. even though the team may be spread out, if a circle were drawn around the whole team, the centre of that circle is now taken as the reference point) OR what if the player with the highest frags is taken as the circle centre.

* A single 1st navigation point for the bots to follow once their spawned ( so that once the little things are spawned, they don't wonder off into some desolate part of the map and totally miss everyone).

* A variable limit to the number of bots spawned (an obvious one).

* Type of weapon spawned with: 1.) ak47 or 2.) RPG
Now I know this one might give you grief, and be alot of work although I'm sure that the community can just add a mesh or something later on if this can't be done right now. Or maybe just one type of INF camo can be used for all the spawned bots, and the ol AKMSU can be the std loadout).

* Time limit between spawns.

* Skill level - maybe a percentage of bots spawned with either average or "expert" intellegance.

* A kill timer after respawn, i.e. if after say 5 minutes this bot hasn't been killed by the human players, then he's automatically killed and respawned. This is in case 1 damn bot manages to get lost and doesn't get to the human players. I mean something more complex like whether or not he's recieved any damage can also work, I just thought a set timer might be less work for you.

*Also.... shouldn't there be a function where all human players are grouped into one team, upon loading the map. Say e.g. if this is used online, then after a TDM map, you cant have 8 people disconnected and 8 stay on the server, both teams have to be grouped into 1 big team automatically when map with this mutator/thingy majiggy is loaded.

Anyway, man this can be to mapping what the RA mutator was to gameplay. Just imagine the massive firefights us human players can have. Bloody hell, it might even spawn a new gametype.

Anyway, Keg if you, or any of the other UScript gods are reading this..... PLEASE!! :p

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
doing my first human model attempt so it might not be pretty, lol ;)

what Im interested in seeing is some way to make non combatants.

if every bot is an enemy, its just monster hunt with human "monsters". no thinking, just mowing down bots starship troopers style.

this causes a problem cause your wasting alot of bots.
their hard to get into the game in the first place, let alone geting them all to the players area alive.
all that trouble only to get them shot on site? bah! spawn em behind one way doors and guide em right outside as the players walk past... why waste the path code for a mulch-bot :p

but, if we can make non combatant bots spawn in the same group. the player has to look and think more than just shoot.
same meshs, similar skins, but different animation and actions.

so one bot stops, looks at you, shouts, shoots.
while the other stops, looks at you, shouts, and threatenes you with a hand gesture or something...
it would add alot of depth, and a little more thinking.

if done right, you cant just shoot into a crowd of bots. youve got to figure out which ones are hostiles ;)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Noncoms...interesting idea. However, in a war zone, I don't think that there'd be any...

I guess this would be a bit like monster hunt, but that's not a bad thing. We could probably use the monster hunt code for the basic spawning of the bots... mmm ... 16 on 6 goodness... However, they'd all have the 'objective' of finding the single DOM point, so you couldn't just go out 'hunting' for them. You'd get wasted and loose whatever life allotment you have.

* Variable respawn radius around a set point OR around the centre of the team (i.e. even though the team may be spread out, if a circle were drawn around the whole team, the centre of that circle is now taken as the reference point) OR what if the player with the highest frags is taken as the circle centre.

That's an interesting idea...sounds like a good suggestion for Khutan's next version of Random Team Spawn.

* A single 1st navigation point for the bots to follow once their spawned ( so that once the little things are spawned, they don't wonder off into some desolate part of the map and totally miss everyone).

Absolutely; a DOM point or something simmilar that has to be 'held' and not 'taken' by the bots would be perfect.

* A variable limit to the number of bots spawned (an obvious one).

Would be good in a modified Monsters mutator.

* Type of weapon spawned with: 1.) ak47 or 2.) RPG
Now I know this one might give you grief, and be alot of work although I'm sure that the community can just add a mesh or something later on if this can't be done right now. Or maybe just one type of INF camo can be used for all the spawned bots, and the ol AKMSU can be the std loadout).

Hmm...donno...I like having a random assortment of loadouts comming at me. Maybe as an option?

* Time limit between spawns.

One mutator: DropInINF :D

* Skill level - maybe a percentage of bots spawned with either average or "expert" intellegance.

Another good thing to go in a modified Monsters mutator.

* A kill timer after respawn, i.e. if after say 5 minutes this bot hasn't been killed by the human players, then he's automatically killed and respawned. This is in case 1 damn bot manages to get lost and doesn't get to the human players. I mean something more complex like whether or not he's recieved any damage can also work, I just thought a set timer might be less work for you.

If there's an objective that the bots are trying to go to, they'll find it. Ever played DOM? They know where they are needed ;)

*Also.... shouldn't there be a function where all human players are grouped into one team, upon loading the map. Say e.g. if this is used online, then after a TDM map, you cant have 8 people disconnected and 8 stay on the server, both teams have to be grouped into 1 big team automatically when map with this mutator/thingy majiggy is loaded.

Yes...that's why I suggested a Humans on One Side mutie :p Something like this could be worked into the Monsters...er... 'survival?' mutator.

Anyway, Keg if you, or any of the other UScript gods are reading this..... PLEASE!!

:D I want this to happen. As soon as I have some free time, and am not busy fixing various incarnations of DropInINF, then I will if no one else has tackled it by then.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Tell me about it. Frukin a ... I need to do more SCHOOL work... :(

Oh; and Khutan's AnyMapDOM mutie might suffice for what we need. It has the ability to do a single DOM point. Set the control time to really high, find a bots-on-one-side mutie, grab dropInINF (when I get around to fixing it .. :( ) and we can play.

I'm tingly all over! ... or mabye that's cause it's 1:30 am and I need to get up in 6 hours again...

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
ok for some reason the thread likes that picture and wont post the other one i edited it to the other pic and it didnt change so ill try one last time.

Last edited by a moderator:

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
I reckon this would be cool, and yes l would help with textures/sounds.

But we really need story mode before this!!!

What about making a Inf story mission for "Behind Enemy Lines"??? How cool would that be??
If we did this with U2, were we could use jets in it properly, story mode would have been down by then.Think about all those cool maps to make!!!!

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
actuly this is my own creation diablo and is...well not fully based on bhd but more on just somalia i plan on makeing it dm, ctf ,and dom so everyone can play there fav, i mite see if i can get jaymian to do the dom virsion since he seems to be the dominater in that field (sorry bout the corny pun) :)