UE1 - UT Biterfish Health/Spawning, and Inventory Triggers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Max]I[muS-X

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
I'm using UnrealEd 2.0 for the original Unreal Tournament to do a remake of ArcaneTemple and just making a few light adjustments to the map, but there are a few things I'm not sure how to do yet. One of them seems simple enough: I want to add biterfish to the lake that are a permanent feature, i.e. you can't just go blow them all up and forget about them. So either they have infinite or high health, or they can respawn when they die.

Here's the problem. I learned how to make thingfactories, but they can't make biterfish by themselves, they have to make biterfishschools. However, the pawns for biterfishschools don't die, they just guide the biterfish. So the auto respawn feature for the thingfactory is null because the biterfishschools won't die, just the biterfish. If I allow the invisible guides to die, then the rest of the fish just go retarded and sit there, and don't disappear. I don't know how to modify the health for the actual biterfish, or if it's possible. I tried making a workaround using triggers, but the KillInstigator Special when set off by a trigger that is set off by only biterfishschools, doesn't kill them, and I don't want to make a potentially endless supply of invisible biterfishschools. Any ideas?

The second thing is a trigger that detects a shieldbelt. Not a shieldbelt that a player is wearing, but a physical shieldbelt that hasn't been picked up yet. I've tried using the TT_ClassProximity feature but it doesn't seem to work with anything in the Inventory class, as nothing I've tested in that class works. I've tried thinking of potential workarounds but no dice so far.

So these are my current problems. I don't usually like bothering people with newbie questions but I've tried figuring this out for days now with no luck. I really hope somebody here has a solution!

Max]I[muS-X

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
Well I've figured out how to do what I was looking for. Now I've got a totally different issue. I have a trigger that is supposed to detect the presence of a secondary bio load. It does so successfully and sets off all the other triggers as it should in single player. But online, it doesn't work at all. Anybody know what the problem is here?