bind key to open console?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Anybody know how i can bind a key to open console and start a text string ie P="open console" demorec xx

tnx!

ACE if you read this! pls contact me on icq 82215262. didnt get find your mirc thingie...

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
Hehe sorry I was playing Cs with Ninja, anyway u can't find the speech menu or open console through a command afaik, I was gonna use it otherwise in the stopdemo instead of a teamsay. Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

If any1 from epic is reading this please add an echo command in the next patch :)
would be handy for so many things such as having 2 bttns, 1 to cycle trough hints and a 2nd to send

like it would do echo chnage teams help loaded
echo weapon priority loaded
echo hammerjump help loaded, etc

same with recording demos and get input u have to bring up the console for it and afaik u can't put a bring up console in a bind :/

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Ummmm, I have the tilde key bound to bring up the console. Then I just type demorec. Would having a bind to bring up the console with the word demorec already typed in it really save that much time?

Ace, excuse my noobyness, but I didn't understand your post. What would that echo stuff do? I'm sorta confused. Cycle through hints and send? I'm not following.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
But I can do that already without accessing the console.

I have a key bound to exec ctfbinds.txt
and a key bound to exec tdmbinds.txt

I never played quake, so maybe I'm just totally lost. :eek:

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
Nope would like to say bind
stopdemo | bringupconsole

I already know how to exec .txt files http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=33186

the echo command would be handy if we were to have a set of .txt files to cycle through stuff, also for saying ur teamdDm taunts for example are loaded and stuff like that echo command would be pretty handy, just check some Q3 or cs binding sites.

Meanwhile I just had this solution http://pub8.ezboard.com/futassaultnetgeneral.showMessage?topicID=1573.topic