BFBC2 players left?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
I'm having a hard time finding any servers for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (just now seeing only 4 servers in Europe, one giving 999 ping). Are there really no servers left or could it be my system not finding any servers?

I'd say Black Ops is sucking some players away, but 95% of them? Hopefully not... :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I'm having a hard time finding any servers for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (just now seeing only 4 servers in Europe, one giving 999 ping). Are there really no servers left or could it be my system not finding any servers?

I'd say Black Ops is sucking some players away, but 95% of them? Hopefully not... :(

Run the updater, you're probably out of date.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

Get the latest patch nub...

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Thrash123 said:
I would play it, but I never have the time to sit down and play out enough matches to be able to compete in it anymore. It was a pretty sweet game

Unlock wise or skill/experience wise? I've found not many of the tactics to have changed since launch, basically. It really all just comes down to good communication and teamwork, and just a good portion of luck (not having two enemies with shotguns RIGHT where you really don't need to be at a critical moment, for instance).

I play sometimes, but my gaming time is pretty limited at the moment, and Super Meat Boy and Starcraft mostly claim it. Should be interesting once I get some more time again, though. I feel I never really played it to its full potential, not having played with a clan and all.

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Unlock wise or skill/experience wise? I've found not many of the tactics to have changed since launch, basically. It really all just comes down to good communication and teamwork, and just a good portion of luck (not having two enemies with shotguns RIGHT where you really don't need to be at a critical moment, for instance).

I play sometimes, but my gaming time is pretty limited at the moment, and Super Meat Boy and Starcraft mostly claim it. Should be interesting once I get some more time again, though. I feel I never really played it to its full potential, not having played with a clan and all.

Unlocks mostly. I used to be badass at BF2. Plus, it's hard to find good people to play with.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
I going back time and again and even though I'm only ranked 20 and friends are now hitting 40+ I still find I can compete. The unlocks help but if you've got the skill it doesn't take much at all to still be good.

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
Yeah, servers showed up after a manual update. It seems my shortcut was borked and directly launched the game without checking for updates first.

I going back time and again and even though I'm only ranked 20 and friends are now hitting 40+ I still find I can compete. The unlocks help but if you've got the skill it doesn't take much at all to still be good.

Yup, the base guns of each class are pretty good. Only unlocks that matter a bit are the ability and weapon enhancements.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
When I had my old and crappy router, sometimes I couldn't connect to the master server for some games. Could that be it?

I hop on BC2 now and then and never have problems finding servers. Well, actually I hop on, start downloading a huge, slow update, go eat, come back, and then play. But at least availability isn't a problem.