1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beta test spam

Discussion in 'Beta Testing' started by Dragonfly_of_Forgery, Dec 18, 2001.

?

I attached a poll to make it look better.

1. I love you!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I love your mod!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Get the hell off our forums, loser.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I love your hair!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Dragonfly_of_Forgery long gone

***** Updated ***********
    This is now the same version as in the Rants&Raves forum

I've tried to post this twice before, and fate intervined. The old hag won't stop me this time. Mwahaha!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2002
  2. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

Seems nice, I like the autohelp

Target hunt and the aliens mute didnt work here

Like the starting pistol, and the mechgun transormation meter thing

oh the seeker sniper, the lock txt gets coved by the auto help

the firefly cannon alt fires one normal firefly along with the long range ones

umm, that all I can think of at the moment

3. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Thank you.

I'll get back to work after Christmas.

4. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Would you guys like the Mechgun to leave the Field of View as normal, instead of increasing it? At first I thought it was cool, but now I'm thinking its just annoying...

5. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

I thought it was fine, I like the stuff on the hud noting the transformation

6. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

the FOV thing is fine. The mech gun bar & stuff is great. More comments after I next play seekers...

7. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

*bump* (just to get seekers on top of all the old BH threads)

8. marco_lucifer

marco_lucifer New Member

Well, it looks good but since you made the gravgun shots relative to your velocity,
    if your are strafing and fire the grav shots seem to try to go around corners,
    also its very hard to use the massballs to travels the map since that requires 2 of em and they get stuck orbiting around eachother.
    Another thing is (not sure of this one) i think the chaos trap spawns demons even when no-one is killed in it or if another demon is killed in it.

oh by the way seekers pack rules and has been my fav mod/mutator since i first used the gravgun :minigun:

9. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Hey, Marco. I remember you sending me an email a while back.

Ah, that would be a problem. The thing is, I need\want the relative movement so that you can fire a gravball while falling and get it to hit the ground before you do.
    Possible solutions: Make the relative movement only work in the direction you are facing, so it ignores sideways movement. It should also ignore backwards movement.

This is a tough call. I know they're hard to use, but I wanted to keep them pulling each other. I like it because it adds some interference, for example if you see someone flying along you can fire massballs at them and try to make them get pulled off in a different direction.
    So I'm probably not going to give you your nice straight-path supermassballs. Instead I'll look for a better way of helping you escape from the big blob of orbiting balls.
    Have you tried using the new SuperGravball? A few of those might be able to throw you out of a mass of SuperMassballs..
    Man, I need better names for these things.

In Crazy mode it does that deliberatly (spawns demons). I'll go look at what I've done.

Thanks!