Beta Release Close

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I built a map in order to cook the UnWheel2 vehicles for submission into the MSU contest, here are 3 screenshots. In order to enter the vehicles, they muct be released to the community, so keep watch for the release:)

Attachments

• FlyAway1.jpg
    FlyAway1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 38
  • FlyAway2.jpg
    FlyAway2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 36
  • FlyAway3.jpg
    FlyAway3.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 32

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
NeoNautica, you are absolutely correct. I made the map and most of the meshes in something like a week and a half. I tried to scale the texture yesterday, both in the terrain properties, and using the scale tool in the terrain editor; I can find no texture scale setting in the properties, and the scale texture tool in the terrain editor did nothing:( So, because of a very tight timeline, I left it as it is:p I do hope to be able to fix the scale, and add grass to the terrain.

NeoNautica

Level Designer
Feb 27, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.NeoNautica.com
You could make a custom material for the grass and Multiply a TexCoord with a Constant... then plug that into the UVs of the diffuse and normal map texture.

Tweak the constant until it looks nice and crisp :)

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Hi jerdaygo:) Pam and I are doing well; Pam is retiring at the end of the month, after 37 years!
I haven't even looked at what it takes to cook for PS3, but I need to do that. I will post a link here.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Hi jerdaygo:) Pam and I are doing well; Pam is retiring at the end of the month, after 37 years!
I haven't even looked at what it takes to cook for PS3, but I need to do that. I will post a link here.

Very cool, tell Pam congrats from me. I am glad you are doing well. I dont know anything about it for sure but I seem to remember Diego1203 saying it was pretty simple to cook a map or mod for PS3, but i could be wrong. I have not messed with it at all as i am super busy working on my thesis and other classes, but it should be all over in May :D

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004

That site is extremely slow for me, I can't get the download to work, is anyone else having a problem with it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now.

It's looking pretty good Steve! The cars look nice in game, they turn a little slow at high speed though. I noticed a couple of times that the cars stuck together, has this been a problem for you? I've had problems with Kactors sticking together in my mod as well.

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Hello Adam:) Yes, the vehicles do stick together sometimes:(
The steering at high speed has been altered some, but it is a help over UT2004. At higher speeds the vehicle code will limit how far the wheels will turn. I have disabled alot of it, but left enough to keep control at high speed.

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
Howdy all.

I'm waaaaaaay out of the loop, but I'm guessing this new version requires the new version of Unreal?

I tried to play the UT3 demo, but it doesn't work with my old computer. :(

Ps: How are youse all doing?