Beta 3 crashes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KyleYankan

Jun 26, 2004
Hey everyone, I'm new to unwheel and am having a problem. i used the .exe installer, and everyime i goto play unwheel, I get this error:

Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2082 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (5216)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (UWGUICarSelect Package.UWGUICarSelect, Function UnWheel.UWGUICarSelect.OnClickSelect) <- UObject::ProcessDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Volcano <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

It happens just as i choose my vehicle, and the game counts-down, and at the moment you would usually spawn. what is wrong with my unwheel? i wanna play!

KyleYankan

Jun 26, 2004
I now get this error

Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

Assertion failed: Font [File:.\UnCanvas.cpp] [Line: 489]

History: UCanvas::WrappedPrint <- () <- UCanvas::WrappedStrLenf <- UCanvas::execStrLen <- (UWHUDRally UWRL-TempleRun.UWHUDRally @ Function UnWheel.UWHUDBase.HUDMessage : 00B1) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HudCDeathmatch UWRL-TempleRun.HudCDeathmatch, Function Engine.HUD.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Temple Run <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

KyleYankan

Jun 26, 2004
I have no other TC mods installed. I do have some mutators, vehicles, maps, etc. My specs are shown in the error above:

and I have tryed reinstalling unwheel, installing an older version (which plays, but I'm my normal character, not a vehicle), and resintalling countless times. I really wanna play, this game looks cool!

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
KyleYankan said:
I have no other TC mods installed. I do have some mutators, vehicles, maps, etc. My specs are shown in the error above:

and I have tryed reinstalling unwheel, installing an older version (which plays, but I'm my normal character, not a vehicle), and resintalling countless times. I really wanna play, this game looks cool!

Did you make sure your dont have any incompatible mutators on?

KyleYankan

Jun 26, 2004
I said above, that I used the .exe installer, but I turned off all mutators, when I tried to play unwheel.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
KyleYankan said:
I said above, that I used the .exe installer, but I turned off all mutators, when I tried to play unwheel.

Not sure on this one then, maybe when shrimp is back online he might know, I think the last error has to do with a c++ file, if I am not mistaken a .cpp file is a c++ file but its been a long time since I did any programming or had a programming class.

KyleYankan said:
Assertion failed: Font [File:.\UnCanvas.cpp] [Line: 489].

KyleYankan

Jun 26, 2004
jerdaygo said:
Not sure on this one then, maybe when shrimp is back online he might know, I think the last error has to do with a c++ file, if I am not mistaken a .cpp file is a c++ file but its been a long time since I did any programming or had a programming class.

Yeah, it's a c++ file. It also says a font? Does some weird unwheel font come up when the game does that count-down? like a title or something?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
KyleYankan said:
Yeah, it's a c++ file. It also says a font? Does some weird unwheel font come up when the game does that count-down? like a title or something?

Try using the .zip for now then. Uninstall UnWheel (execute Ut2004 setup.exe and select uninstall UnWheel) and then instal the zip version.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
KyleYankan said:
I did what you said, and I got the same error :-(

Very weird, Shrimp won't be on until July cos of bandwidth problems so I'm gonna have to try and help you out wit this one. You're sure you uninstalled the exe version before installing the zip version right?

KyleYankan said:

Yeah the GUI has it's own font, but that should've came with it.

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
KyleYankan said:
I did what you said, and I got the same error :-(

Is this a fresh install of UT, if not have you tried deleting everything in your UT cache, I know this fixes other problems, but your problem is one I have never seen, its worth a try. I have UnWheel on 3 computers and test it on these 3 and have never seen your error. Also what patch version are you running?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Hmm, very strange...

How are you starting the game? Through normal UT2004 and selecting an UnWheel gametype?

It looks to me like there are either files missing or something has become corrupted.

Also, make sure you are using the latest UT2004 patch.