Best & worst Clone Bandits moments?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aconite

Capt Midnight
Jun 23, 2004
Best: My team (blue) just has to hang on for about 6 more Chris-seconds to win... I'm hanging around the pump nearest our base when someone on red says "GO NEO!"... I notice a blue clone jar moving rapidly across the map. I jump on a Moscowboy and rocket towards the red base, landing perfectly on a pillar of rock. Dropping down, I spot Neo's barracuda coming up the slope towards me so I load up three rockets and let rip. Just as he comes over the crest of the hill, my rockets find their mark and red are history. Blue win... and the moral of the story: don't tell everyone that you've only got one teammate left.

Worst: Joining the game late, with my team leading roughly 50-30, I hop down onto the Moscowboy in the trailer and hang a hard left, accidentally wiping out a teammate in the process. I notice he had a red clone jar so I pick it up and score. Major faux pas. I apologise, expecting everything to be fine. Unfortunately it seems I've really pissed him off and he spends the rest of the round TKing me in return (more than 5 times). From a dominant position - 30-0 at one point - and with an extra team member, we lose narrowly. I top score for my team with my 'friend' one point behind me. The moral of the story: look where you're going.

Last edited:

gid

Jun 13, 2000
It's a team game, if I see a clone jar that needs to be capped, I'll do it asap no matter what the conditions are. If people are too shallow to realize it was an accident and are too worried about their own personal score then screw em, let him TK you all he wants. If he TK's enough, maybe he'll get banned? Is that in this mod? Otherwise, try to explain to him what happened. But don't waste your breath too much, just get on with the game, ignore him and don't give him the attention he desires.

On a side note, this mod needs sort of idle kick, having two people idling on your team and not playing sucks.

Al[Demiurge]

Oct 23, 2003
www.demiurgestudios.com
Yeah, I had turned this off on the DS server because Unreal detects people waiting to spawn as idling so people frequently get kicked during the end-game countdown.

I just set it to 300 seconds (the max), we'll see how that works out. Thanks for the feedback.

-Al

hottoast

Art Worker
Hmmm.. I think my best CB moment is swooping down on Chris in a Moscowboy, who was returning a jar. He was just driving into his base, totally confident and oblivious. Then, sudden DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!!

He jumped about a foot in his chair. Awesome.

Cheers,
Tom