Best tutorials for a total mapping n00b?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
I never wasted much time with editors (usually I played RPG's or adventure games, not really FPS games).
Earlier this year I spend a couple of days trying to learn the editor, and I managed to make a few things (a "test room", item placement, ...), but the tutorials I found where extremely limited.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the tutorials you consider the best for someone with no experience to learn how to map with the Unreal Editor, the more complete as possible (for example, one that shows how to make outdoor areas, ...).

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Architectonic is the best tut site I'm aware of for UEd3. It's on PlanetUnreal.

I also recommend checking out 3dBuzz, they have fantastic video tuts for nearly all aspects of UT200x modding.

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
Thanks for your help guys, I'll check them out.
Can't wait to make a masterpiece... :D