1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Best movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AizenSA, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

I love comedies, so....

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

2. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

so its that good huh. I'll have to go and check it out then. I see the first one Shaolin Soccer and it was very cool.

3. John O'h Diggin

John O'h Diggin Abstract Chains

I also like The Secret Window

4. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

Isn't it fantastic? The thing was, it came out the same time that Hotel Rwanda came out, and since HR came out in theatres, it got a lot more play (SiA is an HBO production...which is of no lesser quality, but quite a bit less press). I found it quite superior to HR, even though I thought HR was great itself.

5. Mas

Mas Paul Aka Mas

Speed! Duh duh da duh duh da, duh duh duh da da da!

6. _Zd_Phoenix_

_Zd_Phoenix_ Queen of BuFdom

And another forgotten but I can't leave out: ET.

/edit

Although, having said what I have about Supremacy and seeing Identity again tonight, I gotta say that the latter is pretty awesome. Supremacy edges it out for me just because of the brutal realism and utter conviction (the fact that the score makes me melt doesn't harm it either), but its predecessor has a hell of alot of goodness going for it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  7. AizenSA

yes that was a classic. Ooooo does anyone remember Red Sonja? It had arnold schwarzenegger in it (I forgot the woman dressed up in red that played sonja was). And another one was universal soldier with van damm

8. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Red Sonya was Brigette Nelson, or whatever her name is. The chick from Rocky 4 who married Sylvestor Stalon once and now she looks like a 64 year old man. Didn't age well at all...

My favorite part in Red Sonya was when that guy gets stuck under that big wheel-door thing and the kid is standing there like "oh ewe lame!"

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  9. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Any of you remember the sixth sense it had an awesome direction :tup:

10. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

WHAT A TWIST.

I hate M. Night Shamalayn or whatever the hell his name is with a burning passion.

11. Zenny

Zenny I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.

I must say that while I really like most of the slap-stick comedies out there today like Old School, et al. The one movie that has really stayed with me as being amazing is "Millions." It's about these two kids who find a million pounds like seven days before the UK switched to the euro. A really great movie about greed.

Speaking of greed, I've heard great things about "Seven", but have never actually seen it.

12. AizenSA

wasnt that "the village" ,ahh hah children of the corn, and poltergeist.

13. Israphel

Israphel Sim senhor, efeitos especial

LOL....Showing your youth their kiddo. "Remember" it..Sixth Sense still qualifies with me as a new film.

WHAT??? You mean you weren't impressed with Bruce Willis' performance in the "OMFG Im a dedman LOLZ. Oh, OKAYZ then" scene ;)
    Acting genius.

See it!

It's impact might be less now due to the fact that it's style has been immitated so much since it first came out...but it is still a truly awesome film. I'd go as far as to say that as an example of that genre, it's nigh on perfect.

14. Airmoran

Airmoran Construct

Even though many movies worthy of many top 10 lists has already been listed (along with some questionable ones...), a couple more need to be included, such as Mulholland Dr. and City of Lost Children. Maybe also One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Casablanca, and all "those" movies that I'm sure ranks high on some indigent yet snooty film critic's list.

City of Lost Children's just endlessly entertaining, and strangely enough, so is Mulholland Dr. There's like, re-watchable because you don't know what-the-**** is going on, and then there's re-watchable because you do know what's going on and all the pieces are falling perfectly together.

And oh, why the **** hasn't The Good, the Bad and the Ugly been listed? No Silence of the Lambs? You people disgust me. Also, watch Grave of the Fireflies, and until you do, you're not allowed to talk about which movies jerks your tears. :mad:

15. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

No, I meant to imply that M. Night Shamalamadingdongla's movies suck, and always feature a LOL SURPRISE TWIST LOL.

Also; The Good, The Bad, Ugly = win. Perhaps my sig will rotate to one of the two sigs I made from it!

16. AizenSA

:lol: nice name there shama

17. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Boots of Spanish Rubber

Probably Donny Darko, Pulp Fiction, the Kill Bill series, Secret Window, The Outsiders, Finding Forrester, In Cold Blood, Rocky (the third one), The Dead Poets' Society, The Matrix, the Motorcycle Diaries (awesome cinematography)...

18. .altan

.altan Tomorrow

You have very bad taste in movies.

19. Nines

Nines With Rage Alive

I love that one, Tony Jaa rules. Ong-Bak is good, too. :D

EDIT: Just came home from watching V for Vendetta, it was fantastic.
    I have not seen many movies really worth remembering,
    movies that makes you go "Hmmmmm... that's... wow..." after you've watched them,
    but this was definitely one of those movies.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  20. sid

sid I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Its actually Manoj Night Shyamalan. I like the twists in his movies.