1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

behindview issue

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by SoraUT, Jul 11, 2004.

1. SoraUT

SoraUT Flanking your ass since 1812

iam new on the forums, id use newbie but i hate the term. anyway ive been playing unreal tournament 2004 for a while now and the issue with the behind view camera is that you cant aim your gun fire where you whant. it just fires straight ahead. is there a way to fix it. a code, mod, something iam doing wrong. thanks in advance

2. KenjiE20

KenjiE20 New Member

It's always been like that, although shield and xloc are reported to work.

3. SoraUT

huh... your right. never noticed before. sucks too cause the behind view is really cool looking. specally with the doging moves

4. m&ms

m&ms Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

The way I hear it, the behindview aiming is disallowed because it allows players to see around corners, giving them an unfair advantage.

5. -slayr

-slayr New Member

Disallowed in what?

The behind view looks awsome, but it too difficult to actually play the game with. If there was a better aimer and way I could see to shoot though, I would use it.

6. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Dissallowed online, server hosts have the option to turn it off! people used to bind behindview to a key and then would just press it when ever they needed to see round corners or would fire the translocator and then go to the translocators camera and behind view then too!

7. monkey8

monkey8 New Member

Yeah, at least you can still frag with the shieldgun, but you cant shieldjump without going first person.

8. Stigmata

Stigmata Codepunk

behind view is already bound to a key, F4, right?

9. SoraUT

yeah

10. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Yes sorry! I meant they'd bind it to a key within easy reach taht would return to normal view on release!

11. DaBeatard

DaBeatard Mr.How

12. SoraUT

i downloaded it and put it to my ut2004/system folder. how do i go about activating or using it? i know it was intended for the 2003 version but it might work.

13. SoraUT

nope dosent work, it crashes the game. anyway i found something interesting out a couple days ago. when your in water, lava, mud, whatever. you can aim the gun in 3d person. like fire where the crosshair is. to really make sure i wasent imaging things, i fired off the lighting gun. it hit the celing of where i was at. wierd?