>Beginner< MS3D & 3DSMax Tuts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SharQueDo

Ph34r me!
Dec 22, 2003
The Netherlands
localhost
Where are good >beginner< tutorials for creating a weapon mesh in MilkShape3D and/or 3D Studio Max 5?

I looked all over the place, but something tells me im looking in the wrong place. :(

SharQueDo

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
SharQueDo said:
thanks, ill try ms3d first before i go into ms3dmax :)

MS3D v1.6.6 doesn't do custom skeletal anims for export, but it can be used for vertex anims. stock UT2K3 weps use skeletal anims.

MS3D v. 1.7 has psa/psk export capabilities, but there have been some probs identified with using it for custom skeletal anims that i'm not sure have been fully solved. check the ChumablumSoft forums for any current info.

"ms3dmax"?? ;)

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Try 3DLinks.com. The best things to do in this situation is to play with the tools and find out what things do. Sure my modelling technique may not be the orthodox way of doing thingsand I am sure there are faster ways of making the stuff I make, but in the end I can make models to do what I need them to do.