1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Before game begins...

Discussion in 'Programming' started by aspie, Feb 22, 2002.

1. aspie

aspie It's all good baby.

1. I want to create a uwindow box when ever a player joins a game (net and solo) when/where do I instigate it( i know how to create a uwindow i just don't the specific function that should call it).

2. Also how do i check if the game hasn't started yet (i think i got sidetrack in my search and went off following the bRequireReady variable)

Thanks for the help.

2. aspie

Bump

3. mr.s-d

mr.s-d CHiMERiC Moderator

I'd recommend using the WRI to spawn the UWindow, unless you want to figure out the replication the hard way for net games, then spawn it in PostLogin ('cos you want to wait until the player is all nicely spawned & replicated):
    Code:
    class Monkey extends DeathMatchPlus;

event PostLogin(playerpawn NewPlayer)
    {
      Super.PostLogin(NewPlayer);
      Spawn(class'BloodCrusade.MainMenuWRI', NewPlayer);
    }

Off hand I think bStartMatch is what you're looking for re the game having started or not.

4. aspie

Thanks