UT2kX Beavis and Butt-head Voice Pack for UT2004 RC1 (Model Included)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Beavis and Butt-head Voice Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004

Version: Release Candidate 1
Release Date: March 07, 2012
Type/Size: RAR - 4,217 KB
E-Mail: axelong93.newwave@gmail.com
Total Unique: One hundred or something...
Software Used: DXTBmp, GIMP 2.6.11, UnrealEd 3.0, GoldWave v5.66
Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3369

[SCREENSHOT]http://tuxandroidbase.altervista.org/images/voicepacks/beavisandbutthead.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

DESCRIPTION
MTV's funniest guys Beavis and Butt-head comes to UT2004. deadboy made the original Beavis and Butt-head voice pack for UT2003 that releases separately until I merged them as the single .U package for UT2004 and has two classes. In addition, I've added some 15 more samples came from UT99 made by unknown author (I don't know what the author's name is). Just see how the UT2004 has changed this pack from the UT2003 version. This is a voice pack with samples for everything. The sounds are 8-bit, 11 kHz mono .WAV files (I'm really sure that the sampling rate will make understand but less audible and quality loss). This VP contains foul language throughout, so use some discretion.

Bonus Features:
This VP comes with the Beavis and Butt-head model for UT2003 by UbH, my UT2004 version added the 4-team color skins to make these two characters compatible with TDM4/CTF4/BR4; check the screenies below. Keep in mind that the .UKX file includes all the texture sources in the Textures category (the .UTX file is not included in the archive), just like how Iniquitous' Pikachu model did. The installation instructions, credits and permissions are included in the ReadMe file but no introduction.

Contents:
Acknowledgments - 5 for Beavis / 13 for Butt-head
No Names
Friendly Fires - 6 for Beavis / 10 for Butt-head
All Orders
Others - 34 for both of them
Taunts - 38 for Beavis / 36 for Butt-head

COMMENTS
This voice pack is a "Release Candidate" version because it is not complete yet and not filled with Acknowledgments, Friendly Fires and Taunts; and I'll just leave the default texts in the Orders and Others section thus I really take some more samples of them, came from the audio site sources of Beavis and Butt-head and make the new possible quotes. More future releases to update this pack sooner or later I suppose.

INSTALLATION
1. Place the .U, .INT and .UPL files in your UT2004\System directory.
2. Place the .UKX file in your UT2004\Animations directory.
3. Run UT2004.
4. Under the Player or Bot voice drop-down menu, choose "[BAB] Beavis RC1" or "[BAB] Butt-head RC1" of your choice.

If you use the voice pack on a server, you may add the following line to your UT2004.ini file under the heading [Engine.GameEngine]:

ServerPackages=BeavisAndButtHeadVP1

SCREENSHOTS
Team skins included: Beavis (Blue in DM-Roxol and Green in CTF4-Romra)...

...and Butt-head (Red in DM-DavS-MeteorStorm and Yellow in BR4-Skyline)

CHANGES IN UT2004 FROM UT2003
Some issues were fixed and modified in the following:
  • Remove the Ragdoll= entry in the .UPL file, it can automatically detected through the Species Type of the two characters; and also adding the Race=, Text= and the bot skills entries.
  • Rearranged some sounds to make it more understandable.
  • Voice pack texts and abbreviations are included while you're playing.
  • Boosted the TransientSoundVolume value to 1.0 (as the 2003 version of the pack was a little too quiet. Many thought that this was a bug in Unreal Editor, as no matter how the .WAV samples were modified, UT still defaulted them to play at a specific volume).

CREDITS
  • deadboy for making the original Beavis and Butt-head VP for UT2003 I've ported (separate VPs of the two characters).
  • Unknown author of the VP for UT99, adding 15 sounds to this UT2004 version.
  • Devin "UbH" Olsen for making the original models for UT2003, team color skins made by me.
  • Mike Judge for creating these two characters and the awesome show from MTV too.

Have fun and happy fragging!
Cordially, Tux Android

Download from My Dropbox Account [Release Candidate 1]
Alternate Mirrors: 4shared, GameFront

Last edited: