BDB MapVote Test Server Invasion Config

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

goudienice

Feb 4, 2004
Greetings. I noticed that recently the BDB MapVote test server went down. I used to play invasion with a crew on that server, and I've recently set up one of my own for those players.

I'm a bit confused however as to how you got invasion on that server to allow users to start playing immediately after joining, instead of having to wait for a new wave.

I’m assuming that the server in question was yours (BDB), but in any event I’m trying to learn how to allow my players to start playing immediately upon join, rather than having to spectate and wait for the next round to begin.

Thanks!

Clint

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
The server in question was my test server. It doesnt belong to me tho.
It was being provided for me by Nemisis at his company Excite.
I emailed him a few days ago asking whats up with the server by no response yet.

I'm not sure about the Invasion configuration. I'll post the config when I get home.

goudienice

Feb 4, 2004
I'm having another odd problem, where some of the monsters cant be telefragged, but can be killed by normal means almost as if they're on my team. (Although they can still hurt me). This is also something that wasn't a problem on BDBs server.

IMO, the configs should have had better comments in them.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix the telefrag problem, that would be awesome, also if you (BDB) post that config, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks Sifa & BDB!

Clint

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Here is the Invasion config:
Code:
[SkaarjPack.Invasion]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBInvasion
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=30
GoalScore=20
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=True
bPlayersMustBeReady=False
bAllowTaunts=True
bForceRespawn=True
bAdjustSkill=False
bAllowTrans=True
SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000
LateEntryLives=1
bTeamScoreRounds=False
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
MaxTeamSize=16
InitialWave=0
FallbackMonster=Class'SkaarjPack.EliteKrall'
DefaultMaxLives=3
Waves[0]=(WaveMask=20491,WaveMaxMonsters=16,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[1]=(WaveMask=60,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[2]=(WaveMask=105,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[3]=(WaveMask=186,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[4]=(WaveMask=225,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[5]=(WaveMask=966,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[6]=(WaveMask=4771,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[7]=(WaveMask=917,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[8]=(WaveMask=1689,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[9]=(WaveMask=18260,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[10]=(WaveMask=14340,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[11]=(WaveMask=4021,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[12]=(WaveMask=3729,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[13]=(WaveMask=3972,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[14]=(WaveMask=3712,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[15]=(WaveMask=2048,WaveMaxMonsters=8,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)

Here was the MapVote config:
Code:
[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=4
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
ServerTravelString=
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Prefix="DM,BR,CTF,DOM",Acronym="INV",GameName="Invasion",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR

goudienice

Feb 4, 2004
FYI the telefrag problem I described was because of SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000 I had it set to 10 seconds, thinking this would help players, but ratherm this causes them problems.

Basically all I can figure this does in Invasion is protects the spawned monsters from being telefragged for the specified number of seconds. It might protect them form weapon damamge too, but I cant be sure.

goudienice

Feb 4, 2004
Perhaps this should be a new thread, but it's also related to Invasion... I tried to create an additional vote config for starting Invasion at wave 7 that looked something like
GameConfig=(GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Prefix="DM,BR,CTF,DOM",Acronym="INV7",GameName="Invasion Wave 7",Mutators="",Options="InitialWave=7")
but when players voted on this type of map, the server started at wave 1 anyway.

Is there any way to get map vote to allow me to start at a specific wave? Perhaps as another option, is there any way to get mapvote to let me specify the somewhat lengthy Waves[0]=(lots of monsterinfo) lines?

Thanks again!

Clint

TheCatcher

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
BDB,

It should be back up and running now. We moved the machine the server runs on to a new case. We needed to put more machines in the rack so we changed the cases to lower profile cases. Unfortunately, this happened while I was on vacation, so the servers didn't get restarted till I returned.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
TheCatcher said:
BDB,

It should be back up and running now. We moved the machine the server runs on to a new case. We needed to put more machines in the rack so we changed the cases to lower profile cases. Unfortunately, this happened while I was on vacation, so the servers didn't get restarted till I returned.

Ok, Thanks for the info and restarting.
Tell nem he needs to answer his email. :D
Also, www.mapvote.com is still down. Whats up with that ?

Last edited:

TheCatcher

Oct 18, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure what's up with www.mapvote.com. It appears to resolve to an IP, but I don't have access to the machine with that IP. When I bring FasterGames.com online, I will look into changing www.mapvote.com to point to someplace you can get too.

Nem's been really swamped the last couple of weeks. You know who, ordered a whole bunch of new servers and put him in charge of restarting thier finicky MB when it crashes (which it seems to be doing a lot).

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I was playing the demo last night on your server (had to camp on the connection to get in cause it was full) and Nem was playing so I asked him about it.
He said he would check the server on Monday.