1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo This Week

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Eidos today have announced that the demo for the upcoming UE3-powered Batman: Arkham Asylum will be out worldwide on August 7th on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

The full game is out August 25th.

2. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

good news, I hope that there won't be any third party programs such as GFWL with it.

3. dub

dub

I've steadily become less and less excited about this game until it reached a point where to me, it now looks like a pretty generic affair on par with Wolverine, Bionic Commando and The Watchmen TEIN. Linear 3rd person beat 'em up.
    In fact that whole genre as a whole feels pretty stale to me.

4. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Will give it a go.

5. raziel31

raziel31 Active Member

YAR !

6. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Kewl, will try it on me PS3 :D

7. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that there will be a PC demo and that gives me a bit of hope for the game.

8. r1esG0

r1esG0 Unreal Engine Padawan

if the game is not necessary to have to aim well, im getting the ps3 version,

its nice to get the demo.

9. Chandler

Chandler Self Unemployed

When it said PC I thought it was a typo :O

10. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

What dub said reminds me of the descending spiral of Damnation... and it was true. I have hopes for this game though.

11. Brits_Hit

Brits_Hit Flak Monkey

I actually thought Wolverine was great, but that's just me.

This looks a little more in-depth than Wolverine and combat looks very satisfying.
    Anyway, we'll find out how it plays soon enough.

12. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I wonder if MS is going to lock this demo for non-gold members ... (seems standard these days :()

Oh well ... if the IL2-demo is any good I'll have something to play until the bat-demo unlocks.

13. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

No way they will make it free. Not in 2 months or something. :rolleyes:

14. dub

dub

The major issues I had with the game were that it was extreemly linear. Some of the invisible walls are just ridiculous.
    Secondly the above mentioned games got repetitive real quick for me. After a while it just felt like the same old quick-time routines over and over again.
    Wolverine wasn't bad and had some good bits, but for me it was a 'play once-forget forever' game.

For Batman I've heard a bunch of comments off people who played a demo and what I seemed to hear a lot is "single button - button mashing" and "the stealth element isn't really what it was made out to be".
    Also from the videos of those demos it looks pretty similar to Watchmen and even more so; Wolverine. (The batvision thingy mode looks fairly similar to Wolverine's Feral sense)
    [had to seeearch for this one, but for example check the impressions at the start of this IW episode]

Still there's no real way of knowing what the game will be like until we play it, but it doesn't look promising from where I'm standing.
    On the other hand, there will be a demo :tup: so I'll make up my mind based on that. Got to be glad to have that option nowadays...

15. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

ooh ... replacing the S with the $ ... clever :rolleyes:
    MS is just desperate because they know that gold doesn't add any value except through artificial barriers like 'early access' to demos and 'discounts' to some of their DLC.

I just wonder when they're going to start charging pc-users for Live! again ...

It's more like 2 weeks ;)
    // ---

16. [PSI]Snow White

[PSI]Snow White New Member