1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Bass] Trombone Nerds Unite!!! What's your current and dream [Bass] Trombone tone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thrash123, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

Heh, well, I own currently a Yamaha tenor trombone with F attachment valve ($1350 bucks), but my pride and joy is my Besson 943 symphonic bass trombone. Inline, independant, dual rotor system, with Rene` Haggman freeflow (tm) valve system ($3000 bucks list price)... Rose brass bell to give me that nice, dark warm tone. I'd never get a trombone with yellow brass, I don't like the pingy sound they have. Give me rose brass, especially on a bass trombone...

As for tone, well, I can do about anything :) But I'm still working on getting the perfect grumble for the double pedal B flat (bottom of the Tuba range). I am the portable tuba!

One thing I've been working on is Doug Yeo's "lurking tongue", which he does in a jazz arrangment of In the Hall Of the Mountain King (www.yeodoug.com, look at his mp3 section for it). I've almost got it down, except for how he accents it.

2. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

is there anything you don't play?:) i'm impressed...

3. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

I don't play any woodwind instruments, because I hate whiney woodwinds. I don't play tuba or Euphonium specifically, because I can play those parts on my trombone/bass trombone. I would play trumpet, but I don't own one (I can play B flat scale on trumpet though :) ). I don't play french horn either...

I was going to be a music major, and being a music major generally requires you to be multi instrumental. I didn't care though, I learn what I like :)

4. Camel_Toe(l)

Camel_Toe(l) Form Fitting

I play a triangle, $3.00 - I'm really good.