Barrels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
Well, once barrels get shot, they are gone, for good, but i want them to come back after a certain time like a ammo pickup, the reason - i am making a map which uses barrels a lot, you could say the map is based on barrels, i am on about barrels the decoration class, so how do i make them come back after being blown up, not straight away, perhaps a 30 second gap or something

ThePowerTool

Dec 5, 2003
I'm working on a map using UED2 for UT and I have the same question. I have barrels. I'd like to have them respawn after a time I designate (say 30 sec.). Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
i think its in the decoration class under 'barrel' just barrel i think, anyway its wooden and you can set its health, welll thats the one i want anyway as the metal ones cannot be destroyed i think

ThePowerTool

Dec 5, 2003
Not a problem. I really appreciate your assistance.

Remember, I'm somewhat new so I believe what you need is under Barrle Properties \ Object \ Class - Class'UnrealShare.Barrel'

The bold text is the exact text as it appears in the Class field.

If that's not the class you need, please let me know.

If you decide you would like to see the map for trouble-shooting, the offer stands.

Thanks!

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
thanks tarquin, but could you post/upload a ready-done version of the file for us hopeless-scripters (like me) to download, i did try copy and paste into a new item but it went wrong (crashed the Ed)