Banned from ETG IRC-server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
We had a small LAN party over the weekend. When playing some JBIII maps with an IRC-client (JB-Speedbreak, JB-Cavern, JB-Community) 8 players at the same time tried to connect to the #utjb IRC-channel on EnterTheGame. Because from the same IP-adress only three connections are allowed, the others couldn't connect. I can understand that.

However because of this, it seems that now my IP adress seems to be banned from connecting to EnterTheGame IRC-server. I get some warning about "Flooding" and it disconnects.

Anybody knows what I can do to solve this (no, changing my IP-adress is not an option). Will this automatically be solved in time, or do I need to contact someone to fix this?

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
OK this is the message, it's even got a reference number:
Code:
[20:16] * You were killed by Services.EnterTheGame.Com (([Ref#:96827 - Expires:11/12/04] 5 clone flood))
-
[20:16] Closing Link: xxx.xxx.xxx.nl CoolDude (Killed (Services.EnterTheGame.Com ([Ref#:96827 - Expires:11/12/04] 5 clone flood)))
-
[20:16] * Disconnected
It looks like my ban will expire on 11/12/04.
Hmmm ... does that mean the 11th of December of the 12th of November?
Or if I try again tommorow, will it then say: Expires:11/12/04?
We will see.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I've seen it but it's usually in coding with standard time/date functions. I store dates that way myself because if you do alpha-numeric sorting on them you actually get the proper result (in other words a bunch of dates in that format can be sorted without the system actually "knowing" it's a date and doing lots of calculations with it). It actually kind of surprises me that an auto-ban system would be non-standard like that, they'd probably have to write a conversion function from some kind of standard date format to the US customary one to display it that way.

Edit: Um, I just read Mych's link and it pretty much says what I said, sorry.

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
But anyway, it seems to be working again.
It means your IP will be banned from EnterTheGame for exactly 1 week when "flooding" (or after having a LAN party and playing JBIII maps with an IRC-client in them ;) ).