BAM-BAM...Medic!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=]N[=-ZeuS

Sep 19, 2004
ok, no stimulants and such, I can live with that.

And geo, yea, I did. I was agreeing with KW might I add, I was just adding the possibility of incapacitation to him original idea which sounded great to me.

And as for dropping gear, sorry, yea, I meant the player had to choose from it himself but what I was saying was that it should be obvious and not have to be told to do so

one thing that might make getting shot down a drag is how the enemy players would know you're still alive.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
A medics job is to stop lethal wounds from killing soldiers. Not to bring them back to combat efficiency. I think a medic is relatively useless in the INF methodology of gameplay. A field dressing is what an infantry soldier would have and use. Help from a medic means your dying and won't be fighting anytime soon.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
chuckus said:
A medics job is to stop lethal wounds from killing soldiers. Not to bring them back to combat efficiency. I think a medic is relatively useless in the INF methodology of gameplay. A field dressing is what an infantry soldier would have and use. Help from a medic means your dying and won't be fighting anytime soon.

I agree with that. That's why I like the idea of Tiffy of medical intervention on fallen teammates affecting reinforcements.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
Medics IRL:
They're trained like everybody, but take an additional 4 month medic course. They carry many different kinds of treatmentment stuff (anything from bandages to infusions and ampules to give back liquids to those who lost too much blood). They're taught to NOT treat anybody until any immidiate threat is handled (in case of taking a hill - securing the hilltop, in case of a house - clearing the house). They will almost always save the life of an already incapacitated soldier rather than help him keep on fighting, as if you have a fragment/bullet in your arm/leg and you stop the bleeding, you would be unable to move the arm since no blood flows to it (and if you don't recieve medivac soon enough you will lose your arm/leg). Other stuff they do are meant to help an unconcious guy breath or give more liquids to a man who lost too much blood.
Implementation in INF:
First, you must understand you can hardly implement a bit of the medic's role (they take a 4 month, almost completely theoretical course (unlike combat training which is mostly practical training)) in combat and that the medics basically do their job after they finish dealing with any nearby threats rather than in mid-battle. The meaning of this is that it can mostly be used to save lives for the sole purpose of raising your score, when determining the winner by casaulties in a tied EAS match.
Bottom line is, it's very hard to implement and hardly has any effect on the game, and on some gametypes will have 0 effect.
If you want to implement it, make it so it doesn't count as a casaulty, or counts as 1/2 a casaulty if you treat some1 to survive the end of the round AND win it. Everybody can take basic medical gear (in the IDF everybody who has them carries 1-2 bandages and a tourniquet), and medics would have to give up stuff like extra grenades and magazines in order to carry the heavier medical gear like infusions+ampules, and more than just a single tourniquet and bandage...