Ballistic Weapons 1.7 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
Ballistic Weapons has been updated to version 1.70. Some major changes included in this release:

"Bloody Hell" and "Ballistic Sprint" independent mutators
Options for all kinds of settings like accuracy, damage, recoil, dark players, muzzle smoke, permanent decals, etc.
Added Iron Sights.
Better crosshairs, crosshair system revised and crosshair menu added.
New Ballistic mutator lets players choose what and where weapons are spawned.
'Drunk walk' options added.
Large textures resized for optimization.
Railgun thermal vision improved.
M50 Camera improved.
G5 heat seeking rocket improved.
Lasersight improved.
Hand grenades improved.

Their website has a detailed changelog as well as download links

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
bit later than I'd hoped (I wanted to play it while still on vacation from work) but hey, this plus Chaos equals a hell of a release week.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Alright I'm having a really frustrating time with this.

None of the changes I make are saved. I turned down recoil, turned on stable running, made it so none of the UT2K4 weapons are replaced, and nothing at all gets saved when I start a game. Still recoils. Still flies all over the place when I run, and uses Ballistic weapons when specifically told not to.

With 1.5, I could summon the weapons. Now that they all use their own crosshairs that grow and shrink and all that I can't do that. And I can't make it stop doing that in the options menu because this ties back into "nothing I do is saved".

I'm going to have to go back to 1.5. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
No, our CMS automatically generates a forum thread for each news post. The name of the news poster appears as the forum thread starter. It's first-come first-serve around here... whoever grabs the news first posts it.

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
Hey!! I am a RuneStorm developer.. and now since i have signed up at BU.. at last!!

ok.. NEM.. you say you cannot save your settings?? check that your .ini files are not read-only... also when adjusting the settings before the match, you have to click on OK, for it to take effect.. we have had no problems like this, so it must be on your end..

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
I just installed the Umod and I must say its great :D I especially love the Melee weapons :D very nicely done. I haven't done any experimenting but there was one problem I did have:

I hosted a normal DM, and put the ballistic weapons mutator. I went to configure the mutator, and hit "universal crosshairs" and "use old crosshairs"; this set both inner and outter crosshairs to "invisible". I clicked "okay" twice to exit the mutator config and went into game; and the ballistic crosshairs were still there.

I did the same to edit the recoil/innacuracy and none of the settings stuck

I attempted this several times. I went into my systems folder and made sure all the .ini files are not read-only; and I still have this problem.

Note that I did a clean install of this mod, as I have not used this mod on my PC before.

Thanks for the excellent mod. Please advise on how I can proceed to enable the settings.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
menelik_seth said:
I just installed the Umod and I must say its great :D I especially love the Melee weapons :D very nicely done. I haven't done any experimenting but there was one problem I did have:

I hosted a normal DM, and put the ballistic weapons mutator. I went to configure the mutator, and hit "universal crosshairs" and "use old crosshairs"; this set both inner and outter crosshairs to "invisible". I clicked "okay" twice to exit the mutator config and went into game; and the ballistic crosshairs were still there.

I did the same to edit the recoil/innacuracy and none of the settings stuck

I attempted this several times. I went into my systems folder and made sure all the .ini files are not read-only; and I still have this problem.

Note that I did a clean install of this mod, as I have not used this mod on my PC before.

Thanks for the excellent mod. Please advise on how I can proceed to enable the settings.
So that's two of us now who can't get settings to stay.

I think a small patch may be necessary.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Nemephosis said:
Alright I'm having a really frustrating time with this.

None of the changes I make are saved. I turned down recoil, turned on stable running, made it so none of the UT2K4 weapons are replaced, and nothing at all gets saved when I start a game. Still recoils. Still flies all over the place when I run, and uses Ballistic weapons when specifically told not to.

With 1.5, I could summon the weapons. Now that they all use their own crosshairs that grow and shrink and all that I can't do that. And I can't make it stop doing that in the options menu because this ties back into "nothing I do is saved".

I'm going to have to go back to 1.5. :(

please post on the RuneStorm Fourm!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
ShadowBlade said:
ok ok ok... i have no idea why it doesnt save the settings! maybe you all should drop in to our forums.. we pay more attention over there..
If you saw it here, than I don't need to go over there and register just to repost the same stuff, do I? :p