1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Attention Techs:

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by damn, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Is it just me or does seem like lately there are suddenly alot of gas spamming techs around? Kinda' reminds me of December and January. I was thinking about this tonight, and was actually gonna make a thread a about it. I think it has to do with how most of the pubs no/low team damage now. When the game first came out, people didn't know what they were doing etc. Hence there was a lot of gas spamming techs since it was easy. The as people got better, they stopped gas spamming because they were killing themselves and they knew how to kill people. Now, alot of servers are nerfed with no/low damage, and people are gassing again. Then, if you're gonna be lazy enough to abuse the gas, what goes best with gas? Yummy turrets!!! Just like cereal and milk or MSG and Chinese food. Kinda' sad that XMP is being dumbed with low damage servers.. Ditto for the gunner hellfire grenades too(same theory..)

2. .Bastardo.

.Bastardo. New Member

yeah, Take out the tech class then take out the gunner class and we can all then play as a ranger. Then you can't moan ! :rolleyes:

Get over it! lol

3. [DF]phalanx

[DF]phalanx bgutblower=true

i can ranger sux

4. Fleury14

Fleury14 Lei STILL sux. It's true.

People can gas all they want. I'd rather someone lob 6 straight gas grenades at me and try to kill me that way than use (and subsequently get effecient with) their best weapon, the shotgun.

5. }I{Rage

}I{Rage New Member

those landmines placed in the middle of nowhere on a map..... they annoy me more than the gassing. there's been a few times where I'd be running through the field, with or without an arty, on a map like wonderwoods where its kinda tough to see mines, and BOOM. tk'd by a mine out of no where, no where near any node or deploy or anything. god that sucks.

another thing that gets me, is the techs who run to the enemy base to setup a whole intricate web of turrets around your node and deploy point / entire base. I won't name any boostpw's or mikesobes or bulldogs.....er wait, I mean, I won't name names.

but yeah, that **** is annoying.

6. [DF]phalanx

yeah turret farming the enemy node is cheap and lame
    u wanna kill the arti carrier DO IT WITH YOUR OWN HANDS

7. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

not quite dip $h!t.

whats with the class raceism anyway? "blah blah techs better than rangers.. blah blah gunners suck ass cuz they r fat and slow, blah blah blah rangers r elite, blah blah"

i could care less. Just stfu and play the game :D

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  8. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

I don't complain about the gas cuz it kills me - it rarely does. I complain about the gas because it's simply annoying. Unless you're dumb enough to stand inside the center concentration of it for more than a split second, you will not die from it. The only way I usually die from gas is due to the fact that I'm low on HP anyways. Like less than 25.

Fact is, any class can be annoying.. but techs take the cake. Use gas and turrets like you have a brain.. or stare at the ground and type "suicide" into console. You use gas and turrets like an idiot, you will die ALOT since you suck at life (and xmp) so why not just speed it up by suiciding? Makes sense to me anyways! :D

Use it effectively and skillfully though.. and game on, tech. Game on.

9. Mopap

Mopap Rsegetried Uesr

:tdown::eek:

Spoken like a true snipemonkey, hiding on a cliff 1000 miles away, where no one can see you never mind take a shot at you.

10. -=McBean=-

-=McBean=- *=)Bean(=*

What about if the techs on the defending team turret farm their own node? That's not killing the player who's attempting to become the artifact carrier with their own hands...

Yet again that could be seen as cheap and lame but it isn't because people deal with it, just launch some EMP's or rockets at the turrets and they'll drop, simple as that :rolleyes:

11. [DF]phalanx

i do but when it is 16 turrets its not easy

12. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

[BBF]Mopap got sniped by [BBF]Mantik's keen eye.

What was that again? :rolleyes:

13. Mopap

Mopap Rsegetried Uesr

A little early to be making out your wish list to Santa Abraham, isn't it? :p

14. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

lmao! don't give me that... u play gunner right? just nade it with those fire nades. U usually have enough HP to take down 16 turrets in 1 spawn.

15. -=McBean=-

-=McBean=- *=)Bean(=*

Even techs can take out 16 turrets...

Using secondary Assault rifle, EMP nades and primary shotgun.

This is how it works for me:

2xshotgun shots destroys a turret (both turrets)
    1xEMP destroys 2-3 turrets (if they are close together)
    3xAS rifle shots destroys machine turret
    4-5xAS rifle shots destroys rocket turret

Turret farms aren't difficult to take down, they are just annoying...Plus it really depends how the person has set up their turret farm, usually you get some moron setting it up aiming all the same way lol

16. Subvertio

Subvertio UTXMP Beta Tester

guys whats the point in bitching about classes? the 3 different classes are what make XMP what it is ffs. i like having the fact that you have to pick a team in clan matches strategically with the different classes. lets just face it guys, gunners hate techs and rangers, techs hate rangers and gunners, rangers hate gunners and techs, its a fact cos each one gets killed easily by the others in certain situations period

17. [DF]phalanx

i play gunner but the turrets are not in a big group they are spread out so its not possable to hit em with nades
    *concusion nades are better at dealin with turrets then them ****e fire ones*

18. ~S~ZeRo

~S~ZeRo New Member

hey when gunners quit using rockets ill quit using gas, when rangers quit running away from me to snipe ill quit using gas. just that simple. gas is a weapon a tech uses. if i see a group of enemys im droppin gas i dont care who bitches. when a ranger runs like a little girl from my shotgun im launchen gas, and my god the only chance a tech has against a good gunner is gas and charr.

19. [DF]phalanx

gas is a fog effect and a load of it lags the hell out of everyone

how much accurecy do you need to kill someone with the gas, 50% it does too much damage in the outer radius

20. -=McBean=-

-=McBean=- *=)Bean(=*

That's only for the techs that spam gas, for some of us tactical techs we tend to aim the gas nades at your head, that way it's more effective :D

So you would suggest that gas damage or radius be reduced?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.