1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Attention Techs:

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by damn, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damn

damn New Member

This is Unreal 2: XMP, not SimTurretfarm

2. fireball

fireball Reach out and torch someone

*click* Disasters->Gas Cloud

3. damn

damn New Member

4. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

Hey when i got this game i was told by the guy at the store if your a tech you can kill lots of people very easily. Upon playing I found the pimply faced loser was kinda wrong. Yeah i know everyoe gets pissed about gas... i find that funny although i don't use it much unless people start to bitch or say "n00b" then i give em all i got.

Turret Farms on the other hand... They suck.. it ends up being more work to set up the turrets than it is for the enemy to take em down. I love it when the enemy turret farms. Lots 'o points for me and in all truth it isn't that hard to destroy a turret. Just hit it with a nade usually they go out with 1 hit. Yeah it doesn't take much skill to turret farm but it takes alot of ignorance and patience. Its a pain in my @$$ to have to run back and refill on turrets to place.

Why do people bitch about stuff that isn't that difficult to get away from or destroy? I know crow is a very skilled player but in all reality, why not just destroy the turrets. It sure beats the heck outta b!tching about it :)

5. Ausman785

Ausman785 [DT|Ausman] clan guy w/ probs.

gotta love the techs who gas and turret enemy deploys before anyone comes out.

6. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Can we get less of these spamthreads, please?

7. damn

damn New Member

I'm not bitching about it :) just giving them a suggestion and a better game for their "style" of play

8. -=McBean=-

-=McBean=- *=)Bean(=*

I mainly use secondary shotgun fire, unless I'm lagging then I switch to gas, not all of us players have the joy of playing on cable...

Some guy had a go at me cause I launched a gas nade and hit him in the head, he typed "n00b, gas user! n00b". Simple reply..."If I'm a n00b then kill me...".

Us techs make use of what we have, it would be like calling a ranger a "n00b sniper" or a gunner "n00b rocket spam", you've just got to make use of what you've got :)

9. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

Exactly.. remindes me of my Psych. class. The Teacher said something like "We all do the best with what we have" i also recall from Scouting there's a couple things they say... uhh... be prepared (for those turret farms and gas nades) and be resourceful with what's around you. i do this subconsiously during game play but maybe a few people need to take that into practice?

10. Mopap

Mopap Rsegetried Uesr

:nag:

11. Xaero

Xaero Who Dey!

turret farms are fun, cause they are easy to blow up. Gas spamming on the other hand.....

I'm not saying gas in inherently wrong. I use it for cover or to kill crow as I'm escaping with any arty ;) Rarely will you see a good tech launch more than 2 or so gas nades at a time.

12. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Turrets are better when placed effectively (not to be confused with "a lot")

They can also be gotten around by any good player.

The key to effective turret use is a). crossfire and b). slowing down the enemy so you can blast him yourself. People who use it as a substitute for a real defense will often scratch their heads at how that "impenetrable fortress" was captured in like 5 seconds.

13. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

I share the same opinion as Loki in regards to turret farms, unless there's 3 or more auto turrets trained on me at once.. it's very easily yo just sprint dodge past their FOV and take them out for 75 points. Rocket turrets? /me laughs. The only thing more futile than deploying a rocket turret is trying to snipe someone with the flame thrower. There are a few exceptions, but I see techs spam the crap out of rocket turrets and I don't get it. EVERY class needs to do nothing but continue walking.. not even sprinting or dodging.. just casually strolling past the thing and it will never hit them. They take the most energy out of all the deployables and are the first to go down. I simply don't get it. But hey, free points are good points.

As for gas: "using" gas and "spamming" gas are entirely two different things. I pretty much know that when a select few people join the game I cannot go from one end of the map to the other without catching spammed gas splash damage permeating through some wall where nobody even was.. they just happened to spaz out and throw gas down for no reason. People who deploy and immediately do nothing but SPAM SPAM SPAM gas every direction, spam the opposing teams deploys spam the hell out of hallways and rooms before they even enter the room and before they even know if someone is in there - SPAM. Over usage of spam is the single most homoerotic aspect of this game, EVER. Using it however, I have no problem with. But just laying a thick cloud down as you hop your merry little tech ass along like it's your job to just make sure there's a thick cloud of FPS dropping gas everywhere any single person in the server turns.. is idiotic. That'd be like a gunner systematically deploying land mines every 5 cubic feet in the game in hopes someone will step on them.. regardless of his team mates. That's my biggest peeve about gas. More often than not, it's used with utterly no respect or regards for their team mates :(

14. harteman

harteman New Member

If I'm low on health and being chased I'll let the gas go like there's no tomorrow. In my opinion how much you use gas isn't the problem, it's who is dying from it. So in honor of this thread I am going to go use as much gas on the enemys as possible tonight! HUZZAH!

15. Mantik

Mantik Master Beta

Again, your keywords being "use" and not "spam it in every direction for no other reason than the fact that I have a fetish for huffing fat people farts in the real world, and this is the only way to make my RL hobbies carry over into my gaming"

See.. there's a difference ;)

16. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

I tend to agree, but I can't help but think the developers would've added a server admin limit for number of deployables per player/team if they didn't mean for techs/gunners to be turret/mine farmers... Which brings up another point, techs aren't the only farmers.

Btw- There is such a thing as defense and energy-ownage to prevent said farming...

-Bleeder-

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  17. DarkYOda

DarkYOda New Member

All the strategies are good, mine is put the turrets up as many as you can and defend them with gas and shotty= pwned!

18. PETsnake

PETsnake www.p3t.org bitch

turret farm = l337 points, w00t csports.net!

19. OnYx(DCSB)

OnYx(DCSB) Jolt Adm1n

I dont see a problem. It's part of the game, rangers that camp are more of an annoyance to me.
    N00b turret farms are easy to destroy anyways. Personally, I like to spam 10 turrets in front of a ammo pod, pick them all up then run into the middle of the enemys base and drop the lot *cough* tactically. With this distraction you can run around with the shotgun and take out numerous guys np.
    Its all good fun.

Although, when you have no deploys and forced to spawn in the middle of simturretfarm it can be annoying, I see your point.... kind of.

20. [DF]phalanx

[DF]phalanx bgutblower=true

here is the typical modern tech

o look an enemy *gets nades* spams ALL thier gas nades ***** they are not dead* gets out turrets and starts placing which get blown up ***** now what* gets rocket to head
    it gets anoying on the server with smart mines though because they still use turrets even tho mines are better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.