Atlantean model in UT2004?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Hey all, if any of you have played Atlantis: Fight for Earth for UT2004, you will know what player model I'm on about ;)

I was able to get the model to work in UT2004, just that there isn't a face picture when ever they use a radio command and no team colours.

Would any one be interested in doing this? (or would you need permission first, even though the mod has been cancelled)

Thanks

Concept pictures can be found here:

http://www.atlantis.jolt.co.uk/index.php?page=&action=show&id=9158

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Right, that is weird. It shows the model up perfectly in the settings menu, but when using it in-game it shows up as Jakob with his voice etc.

Any idea what's going wrong? :(

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I can't remember what's wrong with it offhand but...

A. You would have to get permission.
B. As you use it in the game (same here) you could always make your own portrait - so long as it's for your own personal use it's allowed.
C. I've been meaning to contact the team as I planned on doing it - just didn't get around to it ;) :D

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
klasnic said:
B. As you use it in the game (same here) you could always make your own portrait - so long as it's for your own personal use it's allowed.

If I knew how to make my own portrait for it I would. Any one want to help me make one? :D

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
I've been trying to, but at the moment my internet connection is playing up. I'm getting a packet loss of 10% to any UK/Euro server that I try to connect to (although USA servers are clear). So anything based in the UK or Europe I get a huge ping or long waiting times for the pages to load.

Problem already traced though, one of my ISP's servers are under-load for my area, which keeps failing to respond to trace routes I do :(

I'll keep trying though, not sure if I'll succeed though.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Ok. I found all the info I could for now. Jack O'Neill who headed the Atlantis mod says he's sure it won't be a problem, but recommends contacting the author of the model - Matthew Newman but so far I can't find any contact info on him...

His name is familiar though and it's possible I have some of his other work here... I'll look into it and let you know asap :2thumb: