1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ATi or NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Nordoch, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

The nearest ATI alternative is the X1800GTO, slightly better performance and slightly cheaper (over here). It'll manage well enough around medium settings, I guess.

2. Homeslice

Homeslice A mapper not in the zone

By medium, that would be....1024 x 768?

3. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

For me, medium is 800 x 600.

4. Homeslice

Oh, ok then. I guess if it came to that and I could run it it could still be ok. As long as I can run it!

Any other opinions as to what I should get? I've already got one saying the ATI X1800GTO (how much is it BTW?)....

5. [BN]-=Sl()pp\]=-

[BN]-=Sl()pp\]=- New Member

Hi there every 1...well im new to all this..hence my very newbie question..ive been reading this thread and all this advise has really confused me..i have a very basic computer which just about runs UT GOTY without crashing..I got a 80GB HARDDRIVE 512MEM AMD ATHON 3000+ PRO and i think my graphics card is on board PLUG AND PLAY MONITOR ON VIA/S3G UNICHROME IPG (stop laughing lol)..ok..now i know i need more memory..so i will invest in another stick..so what about a graphics card..now ive had a look around but im lost..heres a link to one that seems ok but will it work with the modern games these days.. im not after perfection either..http://www.advancetec.co.uk/acatalog/info_01090501.html please have a look round to find others of which may be more useful...many thanks gamers!!!

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  6. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

*bump*

Um... You might need a new motherboard. Unless you have a free AGP slot.

7. silverjax

silverjax New Member

PS3 maybe?

8. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

You registered on BuF just to post that???

9. silverjax

silverjax New Member

Well... yes kinda :\

10. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Considering the thread has been debating PC graphics cards...

11. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Hey, hey. Calm down dears, it's just a commercial.
    Welcome, Silverjax.

12. [BN]-=Sl()pp\]=-

[BN]-=Sl()pp\]=- New Member

Dam..theres me thinking I was getting some good advise. Please will somebody point me in the right direction for a reasonable graphics card that will cope with the new up and coming UT 2007.. I would be very great full

I have a link on my post above. Is that ok or just a waste of money?

Thanks!!!!:D

13. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Well, the Epic guys say to get at least a nVidia GeForce 6800 256 mb to play decently... Someone needs to define "decently" though.

14. Homeslice

Not just an nVidia GeForce 6800 - they want a 6800 Ultra card, which costs something like 3 or 4 hundred dollars, and supposedly might be more powerful than some 7 series cards.

Speaking of which last night I purchased an eVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO card (PCI-Express x16, at Newegg.com) as well as 2 GB (a 2 1-GB card pack) of Corsair PC3200 memory, so hopefully that might help some. Eventually down the road I hope to get the other 2 GB (my new and as-of-yet-not installed motherboard will hold up to 4 GB of it).

15. )bee(scarbelly.nl

)bee(scarbelly.nl New Member

vidcard

better use a whole new system with sli and ofcourse ati wich is faster not much but ok...!!!