Athlon 3000+ 400MHZ FSB - Will UT2004 run faster?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
edhe said:
What kinda 'blink' ? A stutter? probably just gamestate saving..

The barrels are intense physics calculations, hence the FPS drops.
It's a sutter, and it isn't the gamestate saving as they are different places (and don't actually make the game stutter).

Also, why do you keep double posting? Connection problems?

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Electrolyte said:
I can run HL2 at the following with the frame being 60-80 avg

edhe said:
I can run pretty much max on HL2 without AA/AF. Only time i killed off the FPS was when i threw some explosive barrel into other barrels blowing up about 6-8 zombieheads..

xp3200, 1gig corsiar pro, 9800xt, nforce2.

With AF and AA disabled ;) Which are major cpu hugs and will half your FPS easy. Noik claims to have a playable game with both enabled. Which I doubt, so lets see a 1600x1280 screenie plz

Last edited:

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
_Zd_Meelobee_ said:
With AF and AA disabled ;) Which are major cpu hugs and will half your FPS easy. Noik claims to have a playable game with both enabled. Which I doubt, so lets see a 1600x1280 screenie plz
I'm not counting on that either. Everything set to max on HL1 (AF & AA at max), in it's fastest mode (OpenGL) causes the frame to drop to 25 at some points @ 1280x1024.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The_Noik said:
But the all new amd sempron 3100+ is released on socket 754,
cinda straingh, is it.

It's not really a semptron (in the athlon xp derivative sense) but a limited version of an amd64 cpu.