1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

at work in photoshop!!

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by AizenSA, May 13, 2006.

1. AizenSA

AizenSA The Divine Tyrant

hey guys I've been working a little bit in photoshop as you can see its almost 6:00AM over here but i'm not going to bed until I post this. I have 7 sig backgrounds I like you guys to look at and tell me if there any good or not. Remember I'm still a n00b.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm currently reworking my avatar so I cant show him right now. I waiting for someone to respond in my photoshop question topic.

2. Death Dream

Death Dream Sadistic Loser

This one reminds me of all those corn fields alien hype crap:
    [​IMG]

This one reminds me of the matrix but with a different color:
    [​IMG]

Just delete this one off your list:
    [​IMG]

I would have to say I like the cornfield one best out of all those.

~Death Dream~

3. Random Elite

Random Elite Put your feet up and frag.

The 3rd one reminds me Kamino from Star Wars Ep2. Very nice.

4. AizenSA

yeah that matrix looking is matrix. I found a tut for it but for some odd reason I couldnt finish it and couldnt animate it. Its suppose to scroll down like the matrix but eehh whatever. Yeah that "cornfield" backgorund was called the evil background. It took me a good min to get it looking like that ewww *swipping sweat from face*.

I'm trying to remember what was Kamino in that movie. Its been a while since I seen it. Well at least I didnt do a terrible job as a n00b then. I guess I can be a little proud of myself. Now time to put something on the cornfield one. Your're right Death Dream that swirl one look alright when I was doing it but I dont know I dont like it anymore. Thanks for the input guys I'll have final products a little later for you to look at. :D:tup:

5. AizenSA

I've just finished reconstructing my avatar so hows he look? tell me what would make him look better. Or make his weapon grab more attention but not too much though.

[​IMG]

6. Death Dream

Death Dream Sadistic Loser

Put your name in it or something ^.^ people tend to take other peoples work like that.

~Death Dream~

7. CheapAlert

CheapAlert ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER

watermarking over others work isn't nice.

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

You should really start gathering some skills by now ugyura, these signature images look like if they have been generated by a cheap Seamless texture generator. Without any offences.

Try this here

www.pixel2life.com

9. AizenSA

The sig images are what were they called grange or something like that. What would you have me start on some super hard thing for a noob. That was hard enough for now.well I love this starwars character and all I did was add an axe to him and a custom back ground and any way he best resembles my inner character and plus this image is no where to be found unless you get the full body for that is. There is very few pics of this guy. And btw I havent gotten to the avatars section of pixel2life. You know this crap takes time damn. I mean I just got finish with a lot of sig tuts so quit bustin my balls okay. You know it takes time to go through a section on there Kantham especailly considering I'm a n00b. And not to mention I work for a freaking living and I want to do a little gaming. Here in the past 2/3 days I havent gotten to play much becuase of work, help running a clan (I'm the leader to 4 or so games, and website matinence) and trying to get some rest. I have to have gaming because thats all there is to do around here for me anyway. Like I said on the rate the sig topic when I get more time I'll start on the other sections GOD impatiant people. btw Kantham what do you think I been using, huh? That site and this one is bookmarked.

http://thedark.dk/photoshop/

and also what about the other people that uses stuff like screenshots and so on on there sigs/avatars you going to tell them to stop too mister prodigy. The mass majority of the people are using some sort of screen from some where in their crap on the BuF site. Some may be well hidden amongst the texures and what not that they added.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  10. Random Elite

The planet that was constantly under seige by storms, and has the cloning facilitys. Obi Wan and Jango Fett also had a scrap there.

11. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Im just giving you advices Ugy, the desision is up to you. If you want to start learning photoshop the way it can be used or if you just was to make a red background with 2 Lens Flare filters behind it and 2 characters.

[​IMG]

Just take this one, it looks streched like crazy, just giving you feedback, i don't know how you made this but i have tried many texture generators in the past and that's the kind of result they gave me.

12. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Don't assault a helping person ugyura. There was no bad intentions in Kantham's post, no need for that kind of personal attacks.

Photoshop is a way to express yourself, but to do that you need to learn to use it. Using it is hard to learn, but with years of trial and error you WILL get it.
    It has taken me several years to reach my skill with Photoshop. It isn't perfect by any means and I still learn. So keep on practicing and keep at it. Only way forward. And no there is no shortcuts to learn Photoshop.

13. AizenSA

I'm sorry if I came off mean or mad or something, it's just how you phrased your advice it sounded offensive to me. I really tried hard to get those sig backgrounds. And considering I've only been using photoshop for a total of like 3 days I have really picked up anything that good yet. And remember that 2 character lens flare thing was my first attempt though just the first :D

yeah I know rex like I said it just sounded offensive. I know it takes a few years to get things in "crunk order", so I'm 20 now so about 22 I should be experianced enough to tango with old Kantham here.

But like I said I'm sorry if I jumped all over Kantham. It was just that Iworked on the so hard to understand what the dudes were saying in there tuts and then doing it.

also if one of you 2 could help me that matrix one I have up there its supposed to be animated (gif form) but can get it to work. theres one part in the tut I couldnt get to work. it was saying to http://www.newtutorials.com/matrix-background-tutorial-01.htm "Then go to Edit > Transform > Flip Vertical." but when the time came to do that it was non-selectable any ideas? btw I did everything it said in the tuts (more than 5 times) but no go.

btw this is the last half of it http://www.newtutorials.com/matrix-background-tutorial.htm

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  14. Continuum

Continuum Lobotomistician

I wouldnt really worry if youve only been using it for a few days, it takes a bit to really get a grasp of how everything works. If it werent for layer effects my stuff would look pretty shoddy. Eventually I hope to get into some art classes but thats a ways off if it ever happens.

Anyways I'm posting a "few" links that have helped me out at the bottom of this post. One thing I'd recommend is buying at least 1 photoshop book (hopefully for the version you have installed), also every once in a while I'll pic up a photoshop magazine. Most of the stuff in the magazines are way above my level but thats the only way to learn new stuff really.

A few of the magazines I would recommend are..
    Advanced Photoshop
    Photoshop User
    Adobe Photoshop
    Imagine FX (this one covers way more than photoshop, I think I buy it for the artwork)

Also it shouldnt take you 2 years to get reasonably good at using photoshop. Here is a link of my first skin. While the end product is nothing great it does show LOTS of improvement. http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=161997&page=2

Also a link to some (incomplete) tutorials Ive worked on (they mostly relate to skinning but still help with organizing things in ps) http://www.geocities.com/benjamintilford/Unreal2004/Tutorials/TutorialMain.html

Internet links: (I copied these out of my bookmarks so there are probably some random missplaced links in there and of course they arent really organized)

Concept art - www.ezboard.com
    cg

XYZ Designs -->> Tutorials Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop Tutorials - Photoshop Tutorials HQ Network (HQN) -> Tutorials Repeating Patterns T h e D a r k - P h o t o s h o p L i n k s BioRUST.com :: Tutorials >> Realistic Water Droplets GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
    ps

Adobe Magazine Q&A Archive - Photoshop & ImageStyler
    Texturing

i am the first-born son carrying my mother's name
    Tutorials

N-sane - Photoshop Tutorials - Crystal Clear Iris Crisp, clear, well-illustrated tutorials on using Adobe Photoshop. Free lessons geared towards beginner and intermediate levels of experience. Proeffect.com v5 - Free Membership - Sign Up! GIGER.COM - H.R. Giger's official US Site The Complete Guide to Isometric Pixel Art [GUG] Tutorials
    Photoshop

photoshop 7.0 tutorials, photoshop cs, photoshop 7 tutorials Adobe® Photoshop CS tutorials, photoshop 7 tutorials, tips and walkthroughs - Icehouse Designs Photoshop Tips & Tutorial List - Icehouse Designs Computer Arts - 3D effects in Photoshop The Art of D~Mentia Origional Fantasy Art Galleries and Merchandise Shangara Singh | Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) | Exam Aids: Photoshop Illustrator Dreamweaver The Basics of UV Mapper Adobe® Photoshop® and ImageReady® tips, tricks, tutorials and graphics. T h e D a r k - P h o t o s h o p L i n k s Tips & Techniques - Digital Hair Mania! Tips & Techniques - Digital Hair Mania! Thousands of DEMON NAMES for your DOG, CAT, HORSE, PET OR CHILD from Chinaroad Lowchens of Australia
    PSArtLinks

.:: Screaming Art Designs ::. APOCALYPSE CARTOONS deviantART: where ART meets application! Art - community of artists and those devoted to art. Digital art, skin art, themes, wallpaper art, traditional art, photography, poetry / prose. Art prints. Unreal (game) - ConceptArt.org Forums Unreal (game) IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!!

15. UTGirl

UTGirl Link(gun) Lady

16. Venuswarrior1221

Venuswarrior1221 Where there is the Force there is death.

The flamey sig background reeminds me of my lvl 22 magic fire controller Authriza from CoH's Liberty server. If you wanna know what she looks like, Here she is.

View attachment Authriza.bmp

17. AizenSA

wow thats alot of links thanks Continuum I'll be sure to take a look at them. :D:tup: Yeah I have photoshop 7 dont have the money to get CS. the reason I said about 2 years is well I dont have time sometimes to get in photoshop. Sometimes it would be like 2 weeks before I get back in to it. Like for ex when was the last time I posted thoses images? See its been 3 days already.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  18. AizenSA

hey Continuum why cant I see the images on this site n-sane I can go to everythin else but it says I dont have permission to see the images to see what they're talking about.

19. AizenSA

hey guys I back in photshop after about 4 days only done one thing though. so hows this sig look I know it isnt anything ground breaking, but its all I know how to do for now.

[​IMG]

20. Random Elite

Hmm not bad Ugyura. That weapon on the right looks a bit outta place.
    Try getting another GoW character in there. Make sure they face in towards the sig, like the guy on the left.