Assigning new player skin and texture ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

onnel

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
I created a subclass of TournementFemale which works fine, but I don't know what to assign as her skins default property as. I noticed that TFemale1 and TFemale2 don't
have default skin properties..do I not need one? If I DID want one, how od I know which texture name to use (they seem to have numbers after them in the texture
library)?

Can I set the face separate from the body?

Finally, I've added my own FireTexture in my own package, but I try and reference it to load it as:
texture(DynamicLoadObject("MyTextPackage.MyTexture, class'Texture'));

but the texture is not ofund. Do I need to tell it to load the MyMod.utx file somewhere?

Thanks for the help..quite a transition from halflife mod making in c++!

Best,
Onnel

Phenom

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
As for the first question im not sure but i think that if you dont have a texture specified in your script then you would have to change the default skin to the one in your package. Check the script for UT characters and there should be some examples of texture naming and such.

About a separate head texture i dont think you can. Unless UT is different than Unreal.
But im pretty sure that a skin is an entire texture by itself.

Finally when you try to load your fire tex you have to mention it in the script of whatever you are doing or that you have that package loaded. But im not sure. SOrry. Hope maybe some of this bull**** helps you out /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Githianki

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
UT does allow separate head textures. How it works I don't know. I haven't even loaded up UnrealED for UT yet. Still trying to find time to finish it first.
UT should have tons of examples of how player skins and multiskins work. Just browse the classes and look at .ini files. I know you want specifics but a)I don't have 'em /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif and b)digging is the best way to learn if not the easiest.