1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Assault ressurection

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by NuclearMonkey, Dec 15, 2001.

1. NuclearMonkey

NuclearMonkey You probably hate me. Oh well.

I think that since everyone is bored with assault (at least I am.) Someone should make an enhanced version of it. Maybe assault with different classes like UNF. Or maybe a realism mod that has an assault theme. When I first got UT I thought assault was great, but now that it is terribly boring someone should do something to fix that

2. :MTuk:lone-wolf

:MTuk:lone-wolf massacre threat

solution: get new maps! make new maps! get a map pack! that way there wont be so much boredom if there are good objectives etc.

3. NuclearMonkey

My complaint isn't in the maps, I want a mod like assault . Something fresh. Has anyone heard of such mods?

4. Jeremy Read

Jeremy Read Redeemer rocket jumping champion

Download U4E-Fortress then emails Sonic for U4E-Fortress-Assault. Thats about 12 different classes for you. Have fun.

5. NuclearMonkey

Okay I think I'll try it... but I'm gonna downloading for centuries.

6. NuclearMonkey

insert a "be" between "gonna" and "downloading"

7. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

Suggestions to how to modify it? I'm planning on Assault version for the mod I'm working on at some point. Plans would be to make it more equipment-based, and perhaps have built-in LMS stuff.

I thought Assault was a brilliant mode when I first played UT, but it's easily the most boring to play with only bots and the online crowd seemed to get incredibly good at the maps so quickly that it hardly seemed challenging.

rgx :ripper:

8. NuclearMonkey

Okay keep in touch I am looking forward to it.

9. RegularX

RegularX Master of Dagoth Lies

What would you guys like to see? More classed based stuff like RTCW? Slower action? More/less realism?

My thought would be to generally make equipment which would aid in completing certain tasks, and then give the whole team a budget. So if you need someone who can survive through a lot of fire, load them up with armor...need a sniper - get the rifle, etc. Bots would probably default to a grunt style setup.

But would this resolve the issues with Assault in general? Or should there be more modifications to the maps, like traps, security cams, .... ??

10. NuclearMonkey

That sounds great! I think that a break from all the intensity of UT and more strategy and tactics would be great!