1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Assault back in UT3 with expansion pack!

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by UndeadRoadkill, Dec 15, 2008.

1. UndeadRoadkill

UndeadRoadkill New Member

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

I don't see any confirmation there. Sure, it contains the word "assault", but not "Assault".

3. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Ya, what wormbo said.

4. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

Yus, that confirms nothing.

But saying..
    ..does make me worry a little that this expansion is still trying to push the "War" theme down our throats, instead of just plain making the game good.

But its barely 2 lines of text written by Gamespy, so if we should really read anything into that, i have my doubts..

5. JohnDoe641

Well luckily for me, I think that the XPANSION will be a failure regardless of its direction. The game's been out for more than a year iirc and it's still a giant buggy pos and this stupid XPANSION is too little too late imho.

6. iron12

iron12 New Member

Talk about short and sweet. But the assault continues might be like saying the beat down continues in UT3. or the heck of a good time continues. or the hilarity continues. or the disappointment continues. You get the picture.

7. WHIPperSNAPper

WHIPperSNAPper New Member

It's impossible to read anything into that other than that as of now, Epic is working on or at least planning an expansion containing unknown content.

8. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Yeap. And cool, I was the first one to vote in the new PlanetUnreal's poll! :D

9. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

They probably shouldn't call it an expansion but something like a reimagining. That way it would be UT3 but... different... and separate from its terrible first try at being a decent game. D:

10. dub

dub

Say... anyone have any info on whether this eggspanshun will be free or not?
    I'd be somewhat amused if it was not free.

11. Bort

Bort nou

There goes our hopes for a decent GUI

12. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Well, then. Guess it's not UT3's UT2004. D:

So... Just maps and character models? :(

13. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Active Member

That doesn't mean it won't have a new GUI....it will maybe have an standalone exe file, just will require you to own UT3 for play.........

14. JohnDoe641

The XPANSION will add a new options tab called "Buh" where the only thing on the page is a button for "Ok" which will take you back to the main menu. :cool::tup:

15. LG1X

LG1X New Member

By the way they said "UT3 will be required to use the expansion" makes it sound like it will cost money for sure. If this expansion doesn't have a spectate tab, new GUI/UI, announcer voices, fixes, and new Non Warefare / VCTF game types, no way will I buy it. Something tells me the expansion will be deader than the vanilla UT3.

Not only do new customers have to buy UT3 but they have to buy the expansion now to. Some of the current players of UT3 will probably purchase the expansion while the new customers just pickup UT3 which will further thin out the amount of players online; I wonder if people with the expansion installed will be able to join the UT3 vanilla servers.

If the UT3 expansion was a stand alone like UT2004, more players could buy it without the need to buy UT3. I think this method of releasing an add-on that requires UT3 to be installed isn't the right way to bring in new customers.

But yeah, if the same exact GUI/UI remain when the expansion is installed. I will not buy it for sure.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  16. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Active Member

Blah blah blah, it doesn't really have to be for money, take U2XMP, it is for free......maybe UT3 will be later rerealsed with this addon as some special edition as was released U2....

17. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

Is this info accurate though? How do we know it's not just gamespy assuming things?

18. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Agreed to Fuzzle. I guess GameSpy are just making up things. It's not even a formal section, no references or anything. If someone was to hear about the features of the expansion, it would be us or PlanetUnreal, because we monitor these things closely. Not some kind of GameSpy that has little to no interest in this particular title yet.

19. LG1X

LG1X New Member

That would be nice if Epic ditched Gamespy with the expansion. No more login crap either.

20. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

Epic hasn't announced anything yet, so I'd take this with a grain of salt. I really doubt it will require Unreal Tournament 3 to play: that would just be stupid.