Arkon Weapons 3 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Release version 3, my phase2 msuc entry.
(7.0Mb zipped)

FilePlanet

UTCMS

ArkonWeapons is a weapon pack including a complete combat gear of 11+ new future themed tools of destruction. Some of them, like the ThermoBlasters and the Desintegrator, are mildly inspired by the Perry Rhodan universe, hence the mutator's name. To include them into your game just select the "ArkonWeapons" mutator from your config menu, or you might also use any other weapons replacer like WoRM or SwitchArsenal. The additional mutator "ArkonShields" is meant to be used in combination with the weapons to compensate for their superior firepower, but you're free to use it independently. It will outfit every player with configureable, self regenerating shields that also spawn a special, orb-like hit effect. New guns in this version: Fusion-Gatling Gun, LaserBomb and Arkon Missile Launcher. See ReadMe for complete list of changes and detailed weapon descriptions.

Attachments

• ArkonWeaponsLogo640x480.jpg
    ArkonWeaponsLogo640x480.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33
  • ArkonWeapons3-Shot00.jpg
    ArkonWeapons3-Shot00.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 44
  • ArkonWeapons3-Shot01.jpg
    ArkonWeapons3-Shot01.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 33
  • ArkonWeapons3-Shot04.jpg
    ArkonWeapons3-Shot04.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26
  • ArkonWeapons3-Shot06.jpg
    ArkonWeapons3-Shot06.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 32

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Neat!

I like the shield effect in that screen shot! I will download this later.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'll review this one, I swear this time... (sorry I never did get around to 2 :( )

for the Fusion Gatling and the Thermo Blasters, could you make them not nake the screen jump around like that? I already turned off screen shake from the weapons and it's cause I can get motion sick with the screen jumping around like that. It'd be appreciated :):tup:

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
That's what people call "recoil"... :rolleyes:

Given how tedious it was to implement the code so it repliactes properly, chances I'll remove it again are rather low, you're actually the first one complaining btw. Maybe I could link it to screenshake, so once you turned that off the gun then wouldn't move at all, that would also be an unfair adantage in multiplayer though. Above all, I'm not sure if I'll continue development, I'm honestly getting gradually sick of it, but I really appreciate having a chance to finally see ArkonWeapons reviewed at ModSquad.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
GAH! Well thats bad news indeed. This is certainly a great weapon pack.

I do hope you can link it to screen shake. (it's an option so if there's an "advantage" to be had, your opponents can just disable it to negate your little advantage :p )

I'm not sure on the final score yet but it's certainly up there.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
I like this verison much better then the last verison like the effects, new weapons and weapon placement, I always got confused by the weapon placement in the last verison (and the unneed large number of files) :con: . The one thing I don't like about the Missile Launcher is the alt fire, the grenade fires out too slow. One thing I think a lot of weapon mods/mutators are lacking is a melee weapon, if you work on this again, think you will add a melee weapon? OT: I wonder what kind of melee weapon Mr Evil could come up with The gameplay is a blast for me and with that laser sniping weapon, I could own a lot of people with that and I like the push effect on the Mass Driver, too bad it will not work on ragdolls right after they get killed by it (that goes for all weapons I think :( ). I did not like the delay a first (Mass Driver), but grown a little bit used to it. I think Fusion Gatling for alt fire should be a slower shooting verison that allows you to keep your speed rather then keep the gun spining for primary fire.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
sorry, forgot to update the main page. Thanks for the wake up call.

NOW its up.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
9 out of 10. cool.
as for your criticism at the end of the review, I honestly never ever hit F3 in UT2003 yet. Not even by accident, so I guess I'm in for a surprise once I look into this. :lol:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Without even looking at the review, I can tell you that the F3 problem is directly related to your weapon DamageTypes. Make sure they all link correctly to the weapon they belong to :)

Shuriken

Cordless Pixie
Apr 11, 2002
Yoo`kay
www.planetunreal.com
Yup, as I posted in the Modsquad review thread before seeing this:

Donator - assuming you read this - you need to set a defaultproperty in each damagetype:

WeaponClass=Class'Whatever'

That's what shows in the F3 menu when someone dies by that damage class. I've made the mistake of leaving it blank before too :)

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Alright, thanks. Always wondered what that setting was for. :D I'll probably release a v3.1 patch during the next few weeks, that should fix various remaining online problems (especially those of the dual weapons) and the bugs you pointed out.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
Another minor thing, when you and a teammate have the Plasma Rifle out, the yellow thing turns green over their head as if you could link up with them, when you really can't. Another thing, how come the Desintegrator is so close to the Shardows Rifle from Codename: Gatling 2003. They both have 100 ammo, look like Shock Rifles (Desintegrator as a little green skin), fire as fast as you press the button, and both recharge ammo. Not sure if the Desintegrator does less damage if the ammo is lower, but the Shadows Rifle does and don't know if the Shadows Rifle can headshot, but I know the Desintegrator's alt fire has zoom and the Shardows Rifle does nothing I think. I could not help not to point that out, I don't understand how they turned out to be the same in so many ways :con: .

BTW I never knew F3 weapon stats being linked to the damage type.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I think either Dade helped him with it or he borrowed code, it's one of those.

And the "link arrow" is tied into the Plasman gun model it seems. Any weapon using that will do that.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Ok. Put that on my fixing list too.

As for the Desintegrator and Dade's ShadowsRifle, I already stated that in the ReadMe, but once again: yeah, it's true, shame on me :shy: :stick: the desintegrator's was the very first weapon I created and thus is a relic from my 'copy'n paste' coding times. I searched around, and as the ShadowsRifle already behaved exactly as I wanted the Desintegrator to, I took over the whole auto recharging code, did a new damage effect, new decals, gave it headshot ability, different visuals and fixed the ammo system not working in multiplayer. The new dual wielding feature doesn't work client side yet, so I didn't implement it in the regular mutator. You can access it with a weapon replacer (like WoRM) though.