1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

arcade awards ts2 style

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by beefy, Aug 24, 2003.

1. beefy

beefy lifes 2 short to b miserable so cheer up

yes i mean time splitters 2,those arcade awards were pretty fun and challenging 2 get so how a mutator that lets u gain multiplayer awards after u finish the map,there could be about 50- 100 awards like
    headshot tastic
    most killed
    suicide maniac etc
    if any 1 wants 2 create this mutator please just make it cos we need something original <i no its been done on ts2 but no other pc game has it> well apart from unreal fortress & we need 2 expand the life of this trully awesome game,and wont take long 2 make <hopefully>and would also like 2 c a table of what u have earned and how many u have of them.

Please some1 make this

thanx in advance craig

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Could you write that in English this time? What is it you want? Jeez, this isn't an AOL chat room.

3. beefy

soz i was a bit drunk @ the time,i want a mutator 4 ut that lets u have awards at the end of a sp/mp match and there would be lot of them about 100 i hope like unreal fortress but u get at the end of a match<as already said oops>and u get to see them in a options bar/table at the top of the ut screen and how many of them,does that make sence now?

4. Nemephosis

Not really. I never played Unreal Fortress. Could you tell me what these awards are all about?

5. beefy

the awards are all about how u play the game
    E.G \if u get so many head shots the mutator will recognise this and give an award for this and at the end of the match u see what awards u have won <i say u should have about 1-3 awards per end of match>

6. Nemephosis

Well, considering I never played Unreal Fortress, that doesn't help at all.

UT2K3 already keeps track of awards, like when you get First Blood, how many Double, Multi kills etc. you get, killing sprees... is that what you meant?

7. beefy

but does ut2003 let u view the awards that u have earned cos i hope this mutator let u do that

8. Nemephosis

press F3 to view your stats, then press F8 to cycle through players.

9. beefy

looks like im gonna b getting ut 2003 then,any chance of it being made cos i love ut

ps.in 2003 can u save ur awards?or do they just dissapear after the game?

10. Nemephosis

They are only for the game.

11. beefy

any chace of it being made for ut?

12. Nemephosis

With UT2K4 coming out soon, hardly anyone does anything for UT anymore so I'd say not really.

13. beefy

dam thats a shame considiring how many ppl still play it <just look in ut servers @ any time of day + ull c theres still about 4k ppl playing>

14. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

Okay, I'll explain this one for him in English, since most of us don't speak high-school-yearbook (2cool2b4got10).

Many games have little "awards" they throw around at the end of the round. They're not really quantifyable, and, like those stupid yearbook "awards" (most likely to be in the national news some day) they're not really very specific.

Goldeneye originated them, with awards such as "Most Useless" "Most Dishonourable" "Most Frantic" "Most Violent" etc.

Basically, you track several normal activities like hit-miss ratios, head shots, flag caps, etc. Instead of just listing their stats, you make up cute names for the awards - like the player who killed himself the most is "most suicidal" - the player who didn't get flags or frags is "most useless". The player who gets the flag the most is "most heroic".

Real gamers care not for such stupid, stupid crap. Real men don't need little pats on the back. Unless its a congressional medal of honour or a purple heart, I don't want to hear about your awards. (j/k - but I still don't really think anyone cares about awards).