Anything out there like Inf?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Arma 2OA you should get then, the latest installment.

FWIW, I stopped at Arma2 because the game is just too damn clunky. Better yet, i think i've used the word 'clunky' in about every post here regarding arma, so that goes to show you how deep the clunkyness goes.

BF2's Project Reality is currently modding arma2-oa but when asked about the clunkyness it is said that they won't fix that.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
-Project Reality
-Insurgency
-Raven Shield Ordnance Project (if they only would add free-aim...)

OH YEAH and Firearms Source....:doh:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Is Project Reality for BF2 worth getting into at this time? Their ARMA:OA version should be out soon.

Insurgency is crap.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
Project Reality would be good if it wasnt for the extremely useless netcode, and that mod is highly unoptimized , so unless you really have some really expensive and fancy RAM , you will not be able to play it for more then 2-3h. I tried to fix it as good as I could and even tried to play with the lowest settings but the mod still eat up atleast 1.5gb of RAM which would play out me getting around 1 frame every 30 sec.
If they optimized their work for the mod, then it would be one of the best mods for bf2, but bf2 is crap as it is so.

And yes Insurgency is crap.

and there is nothing like INF so people need to get that and come back to our old friend.

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
I had some hope for Breech, but it has poor netcode too. Lag is an issue, same with hit detection. l'll have to check out Arma. Would be great if someone decided to port some of Inf over to Unreal Engine 3. Even if it was just the maps/guns/people and a mutator for gun sight aiming and a real pace...

... l can dream can't l! I might actually have an attempt at the mutators. I am a c# programmer by day so it will be interesting learn something new.

Last edited:

krisredbeard

The Redbeardyist
Posted something about this earlier... started work on it again.
UDK True First Person + Sway & Breathe System

A few mates are interesting in helping out - one more then others. Idea is start with a core game including a single player model with handgun support. If that catches on, add support for other weapons and features etc.

Not much else to show yet.... unless you're in to item physics.
While it does look pretty cool to see the actual magazine the player is reaching for on their body as well as the old magazine falling free from the weapon, none of it is lines up quite right since the model is ripped from RavenShield.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Looks very good.

So this is from the same makers as Insurgency? I hope they learned how NOT to do it now. Insurgency was just not good enough.

And for the love of all that is holy, make DTAS gamemode number 1 on the gamemode list!

Your enemy is static spawnpoints. It's been done. By all the games out there.

Aim for random teamspawn from day 1. Teams spawn in a random location every round. Forcing them to rethink strategies on the fly. This will allow you so much more flexibility with gamemodes all over. Plus your maps will be unique battlegrounds. Give your mapmakers a chance to make challenging maps with life in every corner instead of the same old linear maps.

Last edited: