1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anyone suggest any good mappers for UT2004.

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by frosty, Jan 20, 2006.

1. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

I like small tight enviromental/lab/quakish style maps for dm.

Clawfist is a must.

Also, you Guys know if UT2003 maps run ok in 2004 version, I have so many custom CTF maps I have never even palyed in UT2003.

TIA

2. Random Elite

Random Elite Put your feet up and frag.

UT2003 Models and Skins work fine (apart from driving animations) so aslong as the maps end in .ut2, it should work.

3. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Thanks alot RE - I can hardly wait for the ups to show up.

4. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

For maps always, and I mean always check out these sites:
    Insite
    Nali City
    Mapraider
    Unreal Playground

For Mappers I can't really name alot but I know Turns2Ashes made Crampage you might like. Also the VE2 and SC2 versions of Campgrounds might also be your thing ;)

Else I suggest you find and download CBP1 and 2 for UT2004. And various other mappacks too.

5. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Hourences, Angelheart, Slainchild, Hunter Wiebush and the guy who made the UT Classics map packs (can't remember his name now grr). Many others of course :)

2k3 maps should work without doing anything with them. I've seen it in threads where ppl say you have to open it in the editor and save again. Baloney. I've tons of 2k3 maps running like a dream in 2k4 :)

Happy gaming frosty :tup:

6. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it. I will move my 25 or so 1 to 1 maps and a few others from UT2003, Argon, Campgrounds and such. I have the nali city link but the other 3 I have never seen. Will check out. :)

7. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

seconded the above :tup:

Angelmapper did also some nice ones

8. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Angelmapper is an excellent mapper, though gameplay isn't mostly her thing. She does most things in "normal" scale, in comperance with the player models.
    Though she has made alot of work that is very playable gameplay wise too.

Her last work dragged my system down to its very knees, and mine isn't a slow system by any means.

But it's very, very good if you like running around in real like environments, mainly alone.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  9. Random Elite

Tried her AngelFire weapon pack, UT crashed when I was using her version of the Translocator :/ . I also grabbed her hologun (the purple Trans) but have yet to use it, but it shows me proof that that sort of thing can be done, and when I finally have a lot of spare time, I will implement a similar system into a character of mine. [/offtopicish]

10. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

1) It's she, not he/she, thanks. :p

2) He's asking for quake-ish maps, I would only make those if you paid me. ;)

3) A lot of 2k3 mutators don't work in 2k4, specifically weapon mutators. I have my mutators divided into 2k3/4 here: http://angelmapper.com/levels.htm :)

11. Random Elite

Ah, yes I forgot 2k3 isnt 100% compatable with 2k4. Would there be a chance of an update? If not, dosen't matter too much, still be nice.

12. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Possibly, but with 2k7 so close, I don't know if it'd be worth it to port and fix. I can do a quick port next week sometime, but it still won't work online. Hope that's ok. :)

13. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Aah service with a smile ;)

Oh MsM was the author who remade the UT Classics packs.

@ rex wasn't Angel's last work CannonFodder2 or did you mean SubRosa? They run like a dream here :p

14. Random Elite

Yeah, I'm an IA person anyway. Thanks Angel_Mapper. :D

Edit: Egads! The holocaster dosen't have it's own mutator, and dosen't like being used in the Ballistic Arena (like arena with more than 1 weapon) I put it in with the BW Assult Rifle and got a normal Translocator instead (I pressed Q but it didn't cycle to it). It worked fine in normal arena, but that defeats the purpose. Also sometimes after erasing the holograms via altfire, I could only spawn 2 instead of the max 3. This was tested in Instant Action. Don't mistake this for a rant, it's simply a bug report.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  15. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Actually not so much, has to be Quake - I just prefer non-outdoor & space maps, even medium sized indoor maps are fun just crank up the bots. I just like a small twisted map, with some lifts, corners where you go, wow! I ran into a railgun, whammo Blackjack toasted me again. I think the Mappers for UT really evolved and many innovative things were done in UT2003. I used to be so set in that old quake style of play, the higher you climb the better the weapons, not so in UT maps now, no mapper seems to follow a standard method which is o.k. so we all can find our likes n dislikes. Soem of the Newbs saying hey my first map, I tried and they are pretty decent. Unrealplayground seemed to me the best source for now 89 pages of dm maps and I have about 30 so far after culling thru about 38% of the pages.

Plus I just dl the mega pack 200 meg file and the 3369 patch. As well as new ATI drivers.
    I have the cheapest version of UT2004 so not sure if it comes with the editing tools for skins and upaint will find out. Plus playing onslaught should be fun again!

Prolly Ilarnik the remake of Q2 headshot map originally by Preacher has to be the prettiest thing as well as Amaru. Not the most playble, but nicest looking.

Gonna be a good year!

My spec runs are:

Athlon 1700 (1.4) ATI 9800 Pro card 128 meg - 512 meg ram and 7200 Maxtor hd

16. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

@Angel_Mapper Sorry, can't always be sure, fixed ;) :)

@klasnic nope sorry I confused up to mappers now. It's Angeh@rt's work that dragged my system down. I always confuse Angel Mapper and Angelh@rt. :(

Anyways here's that link: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485661

I get so confused at times damnit.

17. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Finally checked out AM maps, screenies makem e want the first few, but the others not my style, :) great though because now I am dl the cbp1 which I had missed so far.

Also, got UT2004 totally installed at home except new dl files. Set graphics to highest level and game is gorgeous and runs fine on my ancient Athlon1700. Starts a wee bit slow but runs fine on my 9800 ATI pro card. Yippee!!

18. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Just dawned on me thought, hey Guys if I use some old 2K03 maps I need to pay close attn to any custom UTX or OGG files right?

19. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Yeah you might want to find out if they are using that.

Pretty hard to find out unless you know a bit about UnrealED. I reckon it's the only way to be sure where the textures for the maps are, and which music/staticmeshes etc. it uses.

20. frosty

frosty Frozen in time.

Thanx Rex really not all that, I think about 20 1 on 1 to come from 2K03 - Whew finally done with 2004 dl. Sheesh. Will take me two years to paly each map once. hehe.

I meg about CP-1 E pack plus 50 1 to 1 or small/medium sized maps. Gonna be great.