1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anyone remember a little game called Half-Life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TossMonkey, Apr 19, 2006.

1. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

2. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Didnt Valve already remake the first halflife using the source engine, or was it a minor job like more polys and whatnot?

3. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

It was a re-release rather than a remake.

4. Airmoran

Airmoran Construct

I, too, came when I first saw this mod... but then little else came out. Either they decided to work on the mod instead of promoting it, or they're succumbing ambition-itis. First there's a strong first impression with tons of media, but then the team quickly loses interest and dev drags on for years before until even the most dedicated groupie admits it was over years ago. Tons, upon tons, of other HL1/2 mods have seen the same fate.

Still, they're doing what every modder wanted to do when they saw HL2: remake HL1 with Source. Hot damn.

Hell, remaking HL1 in HL1 was a hot idea back in the day. I wonder how that mod is going.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  5. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Still waiting for this mod since last year :(

6. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Brah, stupid Half-Life. Everyone forgets that Aliens vs Predator, released not many months later, surpassed it in innovation, quality, entertainment and goddamn rip-out-your-own-hypothalamus-to-stop-the-screaming terror... in fact every possible region except graphics, and consequently, sales.

Sorry for the rant, it's a sore subject.

7. Daedalus

Daedalus I don't even...

You know what's cool? Being a game art student at the art institute of pittsburgh, a good friend of mine is actually working on BM:S. It definitely looks like it should be sweet.

8. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

It was a direct port, it's the same BSP and whatnot just on the source engine. It was less than I had hoped :( However, BM:S is looking to be what I was really wanting! I would pay to have this actually :)

9. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

Then can you confirm or infirm whether this mod is dead or not?