Anyone played the new UT2k mods just out.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Holy F….ing ****!. :eek2: :redflag: :eek2:

Dudes Just got my copy of UT4K, I had no idea Epic was going to take it this far. Man the terrain in some of these maps and texture work is beyond amazing. If you guys haven’t picked up a copy of 2004 yet it’s worth calling in sick that’s for damn sure. O this is so great. Anyway about mods this is going to be so kick ass when INF starts making levels for the new engine this place is gong to exploded and it’s going to be just like it was two years ago, probably even better. Rock and roll!

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Kaoh said:
If you call that decent controls then I dont want to make my game the way you like it ;)

Edit: I dont think that cars that can jump into trees, jump on the spot cant really brake and require maps with heavy gravity to handle decent can be called that, just my opinion tho.
I agree that our settings arnt all that either, but so isnt theirs.

LOL: :lol:

ModSquad said:
The vehicles make full use of the karma physics engine, and the controls are very tight. There are a couple of options involving the use of the mouse, but regardless of the selection I have to say I was impressed by how the vehicles handled.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Take a look at Frag Ops weapon list, it's quite new and refreshing choices !

FAMAS, beretta AR-70/90, TRG-42, AK-103, MP7, SA-80, AMP DSR-1 ( drool )

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Kaoh said:
Damn that was a long time ago, You have improoved it since then big time and we didnt even relase new versions any more.

Um.. that review was for the first ever released Alpha of UnWheel (for 2K3) :lol:

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
Oh you meant that, sorry, didnt put it together.
Ah well, then my opinion is different, the million year old alpha of unwheel had cars bouncing up into the trees, if that is:
"Tight controls that don't need much adjustment" hey what ever they want.

So got any other million year old qoutes to argue about?

I dont know what childish thing your trying to proove, your mod won the contest, mine didnt, what more acceptance do you need? Do you really need to dig up year old qoutes so that you can feel even better?

Whatever you want, I think the UnWheel mod is much better now then then, good job, get over it.

Oh next time add a review date, I cant guess it myself.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Kaoh said:
I dont know what childish thing your trying to prove, your mod won the contest, mine didn't, what more acceptance do you need? Do you really need to dig up year old qoutes so that you can feel even better?

Look many people don't seem to grasp the power of this sort of thing but when you say stuff like that about the mod it stays said, people will be able to read it. Sure some people will have the same opinion as yours, that's to be expected, you're after realism and we're not. Two different mods, two different steering systems. But some people won't have the same opinion and when you say stuff like that about our mod they may not want to try the mod even if their opinion is different to yours, and they'll lose out on an experience. It's very hard to go into this without ending up with a 30-page thesis on human psychology so if you don't understand I've probably poorly explained it.

Now I realise I've done this before (the very same thing, commented about the way your camera system makes the cars feel too small) but I am stopping RIGHT NOW. And I hope you'll do the same.

btw. any eta on the next beta for USpeed? only I do like to play a realistic racer every now and the too.

oh and Kaoh, could you tell me where they jump on the spot? I find that in one of my maps (it's a collision error I'm trying to fix) but if you can remember any of the maps you found it on once I find a fix for the collision errors I'll have a look at fixing those maps too.

Last edited:

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
ProjectX said:
Look many people don't seem to grasp the power of this sort of thing but when you say stuff like that about the mod it stays said, people will be able to read it. Sure some people will have the same opinion as yours, that's to be expected, you're after realism and we're not. Two different mods, two different steering systems. But some people won't have the same opinion and when you say stuff like that about our mod they may not want to try the mod even if their opinion is different to yours, and they'll lose out on an experience. It's very hard to go into this without ending up with a 30-page thesis on human psychology so if you don't understand I've probably poorly explained it.

Now I realise I've done this before (the very same thing, commented about the way your camera system makes the cars feel too small) but I am stopping RIGHT NOW. And I hope you'll do the same.

btw. any eta on the next beta for USpeed? only I do like to play a realistic racer every now and the too.

oh and Kaoh, could you tell me where they jump on the spot? I find that in one of my maps (it's a collision error I'm trying to fix) but if you can remember any of the maps you found it on once I find a fix for the collision errors I'll have a look at fixing those maps too.
I think your right here, trust me. Thats why I felt it is odd that you dug it up from a well burried ancient thread.
Someone found that your controls where better then mine, I disgreed, that was not what we where aiming for. Again, I never said your mod was bad, on the atari forums, or here you will find a thread where I state that it is a difference in mod basic aim. That post was as reply to that guys comparison, sure I could have gone more into detail at that time the response was ok enough for that guy. It also was over a year ago, you had just a first alpha out etc. I am sure that tree jumping has been fixed now. I dont play games that often, so sorry for not playing many later versions. I did try some of those and like what you did, but I am not a regular player ;)
The car camera comment is interesting though, what do you feel is wrong with it, cause I agree that our cars look to small.
There will be one final version of uspeed before the end of the year ;) I have been extremely busy with RL, so much I didnt even play INF 2.9 (*the current forum we are on) more then twice since it has been released, and believe me, I was on the inf servers at least 4 times a week.

Hey I really dont mind people not agreeing with my point of view on the uspeed mod. And I dont agree with all the decisions UnWheel made. But thats your guys business, thats how I feel.
I dont think I ever made real critism on your mod. Nor anti advertised it. All I ever said is that UnWheel is aimed at fun/arcade and uspeed at realism, and even that is a opinion issue.

I may have a short fuse here, but I never like digging up old threads to disagree with what has been said years ago, and out of context.
I see that you didnt do the digging, someone else did. But still it was a very old post on a very old thread... about very old versions, and as reply to a single line comparison with UnWheel.

I hgope you understand ;)

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I understand and I'm sorry, I thought this was a relatively new thread. Anyway about the camera, I feel it's a little too far away or the cars aren't scaled up enough. In UnWhel we had to scale em up 1.5 times, but that means they don't feel as fast. If you can get your camera closer to the cars it would feel better (and the camera's be closer to the ground too so it would seem faster)

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
ProjectX said:
I understand and I'm sorry, I thought this was a relatively new thread. Anyway about the camera, I feel it's a little too far away or the cars aren't scaled up enough. In UnWhel we had to scale em up 1.5 times, but that means they don't feel as fast. If you can get your camera closer to the cars it would feel better (and the camera's be closer to the ground too so it would seem faster)
Yeah that balance between area speed and car size is a hard one ;)
I made both the height and distance customizable, so people can set it the way they want. Personally I like it heigh and far for good covarage of the area, i never use a bumper cam or anything, thats why I only put one in after many people requested it, hehe.