1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anyone else have tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by (GR)Killer, May 16, 2011.

1. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

I have it in both ears. Both my ears has a constant sound all day that i can really hear when it's quiet and i'm listening, and one of my ears has a different sound, it sounds like you're on a ferry and you hear their motor, it's loud. I find it kinda relaxing rather then annoying as hell.

2. Polychron

Polychron Poliwrath

I knew a few people, who suffered from it. Some committed suicide because of it!

3. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Both of mine have a subtle high pitched ring. I generally don't notice that it's there unless it's particularly quiet.

4. BITE_ME

BITE_ME Bye-Bye

I have it in one of my eyes.
    But glasses correct it.

Sorry to hear you got bum ears.
    My hearing is very good.
    Even after the many years of listing to 18" subs in my cars, and always having a MP3 player cranked-up through headphones.

5. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Like ambershee, I can hear a slight high pitched noise when everything is quite, but the smallest outside noise suppresses it. It has never really annoyed me. Real tinnitus is much worse though, you basically have that sound all the time. That's got to suck.

6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

I have good hearing, but have had tinnitus for about 8 years now, mostly on my left ear.

No real reason other than bum luck, it only took a couple of concerts and prolonged listening to music via earbuds. It's a really bright intense white noise that I can hear even while showering or whatever, if I listen for it it's like standing inside a jet engine.

The only thing that sucks about it is that my perception of sound changed when I started getting it. It's really hard to explain, but people's voices and such just sounded different. On a bad day everything just sounds outright irritating, like knives cutting into my head.

7. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

well done Polychron!

:lol:

8. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

At first I thought you were asking for a UT map of some sort. Anyway, I only get the ringing in my ears after concerts, but that's it right now. Sorry for you guys that have this in any form and hope it never gets the point to drive you crazy or over the edge of anything like that.:eek:

9. kiff

kiff That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash

I think everyone hears a faint sound when it's very quiet. from what I understand, true tinnitus, is very annoying and would be pretty obvious

10. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I think I came close once. Six years ago there was this party,it wasn't all bad but the dj's were obnoxious idiots. It was their final night and they wanted to make that clear to everyone. The sound was also crap and way too loud. (Actually I didn't want to stay that long but there was this attractive girl who fancied me so yeah...)
    There's loud and ridiculously loud.
    Got ringing in my ears the entire night and morning after, but later that day it just completely disappeared.

I wouldn't want to have a ringtone in my head :-/ (like mentioned before the loud buzzing/high pitched tones etc.)

11. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Etymotic ER-20's are a must have for parties and concerts.

12. (GR)Killer

(GR)Killer ...

Mine seems to be small, here is what extremly loud tinnitus sounds like.

http://www.ringinginears.net/audio/quietschen.mp3

Thankfully mine is small, but mine lasts all day long aswell but like i said, when it's quiet i hear it only. Sometimes when the pressure in my head is high it gets louder. The sound i hear right now is calm and peacefull and hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  13. NRG

NRG Master Console Hater

I get "ringing in the ears" once in a great while but it doesn't last all of ten minutes so it doesn't really bother me. I'm pretty sure it's just hearing loss because it runs in the family and I listen to music too loud. Not sure if that's technically tinnitus?

14. GeneticFreak

GeneticFreak evolves and survives

My ear has been ringing constantly ever since that one night

15. Entr0p1cLqd

Entr0p1cLqd New Member

I get it a bit but that's because I play bass in a band and get to stand too close to a crash symbol.

I use earplugs when things get out of hand though.

16. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

Mine is more of a sensation rather than a concrete sound, but is still registered as a sound. It's really difficult to explain. The closest I can get to explaining it is that it feels like staring at the sun if you wired your eyes into your hearing center.

My doctor suggested this earbud to transmit a white noise that I could listen to instead of the tinnitus, and I could feel my way to a frequency that was similar, but it was still completely different. I guess my ear is just bugged in a sense. Atari plz fix.

It doesn't bug me much on a daily basis, it's just a matter of focusing on other sounds instead which you get quite good at after a while. It's mostly annoying when you have one of those "GRR MUST SLEEP NAO" nights, and the tinnitus goes "hey hey remember me hey lol cant sleep lol".

17. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

"Hi woman. I play UT ninety nine. That's right, don't get all jealous and stuff. I am also a forum mod, I want to moderate your body if you're okay with that. But I swear, say the uncensored F word one time and I'll punch you in the face."

:D

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  18. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

hey welcome back, where'd you go? :D

19. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

what the fuck

20. anaemic

anaemic she touch your penis?

My ear has been ringing constantly since that gig last night