Anyone dead from COVID-19 yet?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Oh wow!

I keep hearing about these times when companies invested in people and family.. hardly hear about that sort of thing now days. Good to hear you are still kicking!

Well I made it this far. Job is still furloughing people to 32 hours a week and we mostly work from home but we all still have a job. Its really tense when you go out to stores. Not everyone is down with wearing masks and people fight about it. Calling each other out for doing it or not doing it. My daughter tells me fights break out at school over it too.

Over all I'm doing fine. I repair old HIFI equipment for fun, have a small crop producing garden and pretend like cryptocurrency is going to help me retire early. Its not, but its a fun fantasy. Better than playing the lotto haha!

i've had 3 friends and 2 coworkers get covid. Everyone is fine now but one was stuck in the hospital for 2 months. He still hasn't recovered completely. Lungs took a toll. Getting up and going to the bathroom feels like running a mile to him. Its really got him down.

Best luck to y'all! See you again in 6 months! .. or the next time I get drunk :)
I think companies invest in their company. I used to think they invested in their employees, but i've seen times when people make too much money so they are let go and the company hires someone else for a lot less money. the people who are let go has spent years with the company and have their tasks running like a well-oiled machine so it seems like their job is easy and anyone can do it. it's shit like that that can bite you in the ass.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Image1.jpg

I had my second shot a bit more than two weeks ago. The second day after the shot, I was laid out for almost the entire day. I still haven't gotten my taste and smell back from the original COVID.

Logically, consequentially, tonight, I ended up somehow through no fault of my own drunk.

/hourences
That whole no-taste thing would drive me crazy.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Not drunk tonight haha

Glad you got vaccinated. I've wanted to run experiments folks to find a way to regain the sense of smell and taste. I've got a lot of ideas. They said I have to get FDA approval for human testing. That old gig.

If it ever happened to me I'd probably get my bib on and be eating a lot of wisker biscuits and taco belle. Probably lose a lot of weight too.

How are you handling it oosyxxx?

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Not drunk tonight haha

Glad you got vaccinated. I've wanted to run experiments folks to find a way to regain the sense of smell and taste. I've got a lot of ideas. They said I have to get FDA approval for human testing. That old gig.

If it ever happened to me I'd probably get my bib on and be eating a lot of wisker biscuits and taco belle. Probably lose a lot of weight too.

How are you handling it oosyxxx?

My reaction time has slowed. Not sure if it's from COVID. Smell and taste still have not improved much if at all. The taste is stronger than the smell at least. I still don't smell some things at all. Other things I can smell but they're much different. Like smoke. It doesn't smell like smoke. I actually miss smoke. Outside. At bowling alleys. Not that I go to bowling alleys. I miss the idea of it. Even though I've never been much of a cigarette smoker.

I've accepted in my mind that the smell and taste might not change. Actually, one of the things I first noticed when starting to wear a mask last year in March was that my breath was sometimes rancid. Fetid. After getting COVID, I eventually noticed that I had stopped smelling my breath while wearing a mask. Now, I smell my breath, in all its beautiful rancidity, its exquisite fetidity, only occasionally.

Ten years from now, people will say, "oosyxxx, where were you when you told OO7Mike about your COVID experience?" and he will say, "I was fucking drunk, Larrys!"

So don't cry for me, Argentina. Or Oregon.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
...or Portugal....just got back from there and they are a lot stricter about the Covid than here in the USA. You still have people not doing what they are supposed to do but a lot less. Stupid variant is ramping up, so I hope more people start getting a clue and try to stop it spreading. No, don't know anyone that died of it yet and I hope not in future either.:confused:

Reactions: oosyxxx

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'm getting sick of what's happening in the czech republic. There were hard lockdowns earlier this year (between larger town/city regions even), there's police brutality because of the restrictions etc.

Now with stuff like restaurants barbers etc while they are open now and the lockdowns were largely lifted. Stuff like Floyd already happened here and the laws are getting worse towards violence.

The bars restaurants barbers swimming pools, the visitors have to have testing and you only have like free testing per few times a month and the test is valid from the easier test to 3 days and larger to 7 days, they stopped the subsidizied tests in jobs etc, its all for money all of it, this is all just to force you to undergo half baked vaccination.

Its systematic bullying and extortion, nothing else. In the west you might have it more peaceful but still there are same underlying reasons with people getting money to their pockets.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
More facemask restrictions thanks to people who felt like not wearing them anymore. Covid was like over and like you know... it's gone and stuff right...rite lol? Mustb sum guy on facebok say so.
Yay.

maxdamage

Unreal Series Fan for life!
Mar 2, 2012
South Africa
...or Portugal....just got back from there and they are a lot stricter about the Covid than here in the USA. You still have people not doing what they are supposed to do but a lot less. Stupid variant is ramping up, so I hope more people start getting a clue and try to stop it spreading. No, don't know anyone that died of it yet and I hope not in future either.:confused:

Here people still just don't care at all. See people walking or doing whatever in our neighbourhood where I live and doing their thing maskless and I wonder what the hell?

I have to be careful because of my breathing problem so I wear my buff when I used to walk but changed the route because the neighbours couple houses down from us were hanging out together without masks,one of them being a headmaster of a high school in the town and his son....

[edit]Wouldn't be surprised if they have had Covid and not realized it and have been spreading the "love"....

The government claims to be tough but nope the police appears to be selective on who they arrest not wearing masks,etc..

A friend of our who is 85 had Covid earlier in the year but all she had was a bad case of the Flu but nothing else. A month later she is back home and fine.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
How long has that been troubling you? I really do hope it gets restored. I know someone who's taste and smell senses were disrupted for probably a couple of months. I think it's fully restored now, though I haven't asked her if that's the actual case.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
How long has that been troubling you? I really do hope it gets restored. I know someone who's taste and smell senses were disrupted for probably a couple of months. I think it's fully restored now, though I haven't asked her if that's the actual case.

It's been about ten months now. I'm not hopeful they'll return, but I'll be pleased if they do.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
Still kicking. only after affect here is i cant smell farts/poop. Of all the fucking things to lose your sense of smell of, I lose that.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Still kicking. only after affect here is i cant smell farts/poop. Of all the fucking things to lose your sense of smell of, I lose that.

Good to hear from you! I also can't smell those things. And I miss them. A lot.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
COVID hit my family a few months back. My 3 year old got it. Everyone is ok. I've seen him sicker. Despite none of us wearing masks inside the house nobody else got it. Lucked out I guess.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
COVID hit my family a few months back. My 3 year old got it. Everyone is ok. I've seen him sicker. Despite none of us wearing masks inside the house nobody else got it. Lucked out I guess.

Glad no one else got it!

Also, LOL@your new sig! Dubba dubba cheese baby!

Reactions: OO7MIKE