Any way to change a PlayerPawn's class in mid-game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vig

Aug 21, 2001
Visit site
Let's say I wanted to make a subclass of TournamentPlayer that, for the sake of example, had a lower Mass (I don't know what the Mass property is actually used for, but that's beside the point) than a normal TournamentPlayer. Is there any way I could change the player's class from one of the other classes (like Tmale1 and Tmale2) to the new class in the middle of a game?

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
The inherent problem with character class systems and Unreal Tournament is that a player is assigned a PlayerPawn class in the Login() event in a GameInfo class. Having logged into the game it's not possible to assign the player a new PlayerPawn class without them leaving the game and re-joining (actually in-game PlayerPawn class reassignment can be done but requires quite a lot of complicated work to implement).

This is a quote from http://www.webtribe.net/s/seerlord/UScript/tutes/CCS.html

I think you should take a look because it talks about a way around this problem.